PDA

View Full Version : pump bag

Oliveshoots
07-19-2005, 12:50 PM
I want to make a cute breastpump tote for a friend who will be BFing her baby. I have to find out first if she's going to be pumping, but if she is, I want to make her one. I might make myself one, too. I am tired of this ugly black rectangle bag that I carry. Plus, the zipper is tearing out.

Anyway, here are my questions:
:arrow Is there a pattern or directions for pump totes (with little pockets and places for accesories)

:arrow What would I use to make the bag "stiff"....i mean, you know how diaper bags and totes don't just flop down when you set them down? I want it to keep a nice shape, without it being like a suitcase, kwim?

:arrow If you had a pump bag, what features would you want it to have? (I know a few features I would want...adjustable carrying strap, pretty fabric, waterproof lining that wipes out easily, a clear vinyl pocket for photo/s of baby, small pockets for breastpads, small pocket for a ice pack next to the pocket for the bottles)

:arrow Would you just use PUL for the waterproof lining?

Thanks for your help!!!

OpalsMom
07-20-2005, 04:02 PM
I think my pump bag gets its shape from some batting but mostly from the stiffness of the vinyl. I wouldn't want to sew with it, so I think I'd use something like Timtex, one of those popular new ultra-stiff interfacings.