PDA

View Full Version : New to slingling...is it ok to sling toddlers?!

purplerose
07-18-2005, 03:32 PM
I just got my new sling in the mail today, (I ordered it from kangaroo korner and I loved it, btw!) and I thought I'd try it out on my 3 1/2 yo DD...SHE LOVED IT!!! :heart :heart She didn't want to get out of it! We even took a nap together in it!!! I also have a 2yo DS who likes to be carried a lot too. Is it ok to sling them around still? Keep in mind I'm 33 weeks preggers to! Anyone out there still slinging a toddler or two?! TIA!!

Punkie
07-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Mine (1 1/2 and 3 1/2) still love carriers. We usually use our Ergo now that they're so heavy though.

(I just posted Ergo pics in the picture sub-forum if you haven't seen how they work)

DogwoodMama
07-18-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm still sling my 20-month old and probably will for quite some time to come... :tu

purstrength
07-19-2005, 12:16 PM
I sling the 2.5 yo little girl that I babysit! :D

BeckaBlue
07-19-2005, 12:23 PM
I sling my 3yo and 23mo :tu

as long as your comfy with them in there then ther's no problems. if you start feeling too soar though, i'd take a break from it. use the same descretion that you would whether you're jsut carrying them regular when deciding to sling them or not :rockon

Close2MyHeart
07-19-2005, 12:25 PM
I sling my 22 mo old and once in a while my 3 yo. It's definately ok!! I'm fairly new to slinging too... just doing it for a few mos now :)

ChristineG
07-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Well, I'm not new to slinging at all (11 years), but I am pregnant. It is definitely okay to sling toddlers! They LOVE it! However, I just wanted to pipe in and say that I don't find the sling the most comfy carrier for either toddlers or use while pregnant. I wear my 19modd all the time, occasionally in a sling, but mostly in a Mei Tai or sometimes in a wrap. So, if you are not comfy once the 'honeymoon' phase of your new sling wears off ;), please just know that putting a newborn or younger baby in a sling when you are not pregnant will be MUCH better. If you are comfy...more power to you! You have lucky little people to have such a loving, generous mommy!! :heart

Soliloquy
07-19-2005, 08:03 PM
:nak

thanks for posting! i'm 6 wks pg and was wondering if i could/should continue slinging my 33 lb. toddler when i start to get big . . .

margot
07-22-2005, 10:34 AM
I'm slinging 17 month ds in the kangaroo korner and he loves how cozy it is. And I don't get sore in it after 1 hour like I did with other slings. But the wrap Tibetan carry is probably the most comfortable for me for a long time.