PDA

View Full Version : he's mad at me....

arwen
07-17-2005, 07:56 PM
the cat is...
we gave him a bath...very quickly...and i put frontline on him (he had fleas)
now he won't give me the time of day.
my loving cat is sitting in the recliner ignoring me :hissyfit

how long do they do this?

my dogs have never done this. :shrug

cannuke
07-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Our dog will do it for a couple of hours, maybe. We also have a rabbit that gets a bit moody from time to time (after brushings and nail clippings). I don't really know about cats.

Food bribery usually works for us. A couple of cookies and everyone's best friends again! :giggle

Hopeful
07-19-2005, 03:04 AM
Oh dear...there's nothing worse than a sulky cat.

Did he really need a bath?

Frontline will do the job by itself if fleas were the reason. Baths are very traumatic for cats. I'm not a vet but I would only bathe a cat that was completely covered in molasses or something very sticky/uncomfortable/dangerous for the animal. Even then, I might use these wipes you can get (I don't know how efficient they are though) Most cats can clean themselves very well. Trust me - ours is a fluffy long-haired thing!

Anyway, spend a lot of time re-nurturing your cat. Lots of undivided attention, gentle cuddles and gentle talking. A bit like when you adopt a new cat and they stay under the sofa for days ... it pays to spend hours on your tummy trying to gain their trust. He's probably confused by the experience and wondering what he did wrong to deserve it.

I hope you're best of friends again soon - I'm sure you will be!

boonpnutsmom
07-19-2005, 04:26 AM
A couple hours, then they will forget and he will come to cuddle and purr again.

arwen
07-19-2005, 06:26 PM
uh, yeah....he needed the bath.
he stunk and had greasy hair...
i'm not about to use wipes on him....
he needed a good scrub down...his hair is really silky now....if he gets smelly again i'll def. give him a bath again.
it took all but maybe 4 minutes...we poured the water before and i just sudzed him up and my dh rinsed him off...

he's fine now....it did take a few hours though :(