PDA

View Full Version : question on bed rails

Radosny Matka
07-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Patrick and I sleep on a matress on the floor, so we don't need a bed rail. We are heading up to visit family next week. I have a bed rail up there that I used when my son started sleeping in a big boy bed. It is for ages 2 and up. Why? Is it because baby might get trapped between it and the bed??? Why are some ages 2 and up, and others you can use from birth. What's the difference?

lumpofclay
07-17-2005, 08:00 PM
I've never seen any from birth. I've only seen ones for 2+ and figured it was to keep from getting sued over a baby getting trapped. :shrug

Embracing Grace
07-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Safety 1st has a bedrail that is appropriate for infants. It locks onto your mattress so there is no gap for the baby to be trapped in. We have one and love it.

Radosny Matka
07-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Safety 1st has a bedrail that is appropriate for infants. It locks onto your mattress so there is no gap for the baby to be trapped in. We have one and love it.

How does it lock on? The one I have has a strap that goes underneath the matress to the other side and then you tighten it and lock it, so it does lock onto the matress, but it still says 2 and up. :shrug

Embracing Grace
07-19-2005, 07:20 AM
It has long, plastic arm type thingies that go under the mattress, and the rail itself goes over the mattress. You have to push down on the rail to lock it in. Hmmm... let me see if I can find it on the web....
Here it is:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-3790497-7228633?asin=B0000E0JDV&AFID=Froogle&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

This picture shows it very clearly. I bought mine at Babies R Us.

lumpofclay
07-19-2005, 08:27 AM
That's the one we have and use on our bed with Truman. They make a smaller version, which we use on the girls' bed because Maddux sleeps right up against it. She's never slept without a bedrail or parent by the edge, and I'm convinced she'd fall in the floor! They work great. :tu We found both of ours at Toys R Us.