PDA

View Full Version : Clean laundry

apbfmom
07-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Okay, I think I am a bit naive, so don't laugh at my questions.

I have been using Arm & Hammer liquid laundry detergent, but my clothes are not coming out clean. I use cold water (I read somewhere that the water temp doesn't matter at all), and I use vinegar in the rinse. The problem I have is with my daughter's clothes. Nothing seems to come out. I know that stains like red sauces need a stain stick (I use Shout), but even then the stains are not removed. Chocolate is another problem that I can't get out of her clothes, along with banana.

So, my question is do I need to use some type of stain removal product with all food that she gets on her clothes before I wash them? Is there a better laundry detergent? What about stain removal products?

I like the topic discussing chem-free laundry recipes, will these work? I'd prefer to switch to gentler cleaners if possible.

Thanks for your help. I feel like such an idiot because most of her clothes have stains on them.

Mothering by Heart
07-17-2005, 10:11 AM
I have tried the Arm and HAnner and it didn't work for me either :/ Also, I have noticed that temperature does matter AFA stain removal. Warm is better for getting out the stains on my kids' clothes. I really like Tide, but it is expensive. I recently tried the detergent from Costco and I think it works just as well if not better :shrug

I have made my own detergent in the past, but we have a front loader now and I am not sure how that would work :think

Singingmom
07-17-2005, 11:20 AM
When are you treating the stains? I have to get them with my stain stick the same day it happens, before they go in the hamper at night. Anything that sits for a couple of days is a lost cause for me. :-)

ServingGod
07-17-2005, 01:48 PM
So its not just me! I have been using A&H too...and my clothes dont seem clean anymore. They dont smell good either. Guess Im going to stock up on the Era that is on sale this week. I buy A&H because its always on sale.