PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who flavour your own yoghurt

raquel
07-15-2005, 08:26 PM
I was wondering if you could share what flavours you use. I currently flavour our homemade yoghurt with large amounts of Easiyo flavouring (www.easiyo.com) but am not happy with how much sugar is in them... :td Would like some healthy alternatives and also possibly don't cost a fortune!

Thanks! :-)

Embracing Grace
07-15-2005, 08:29 PM
I love my yougurt with blueberries. The more berries the better! That's all I've used. :yum I'm also planning to try some with honey and vanilla extract.

raquel
07-16-2005, 12:32 AM
Mmm...berries does sound good. So you don't need any sweetener with that I presume? I like the honey & vanilla idea. I had sugar and vanilla the other day but didn't like it. :rolleyes

Iarwain
07-16-2005, 05:42 AM
Since I try to keep my sugar to a minimum I use stevia extract in my yogurt a lot.

vanilla and stevia
lemon juice and stevia (I like it really lemon-y)
strawberries and stevia - crushed frozen ones work well. You can buy them pre-sweetened if you prefer but I buy the whole ones and then thaw and smush them.

You can use any sweetener you prefer, so honey or sugar would work with any of these.

Another thing I like is real maple syrup for maple flavored yogurt.

Embracing Grace
07-16-2005, 07:04 AM
No sugar for me. I just trained myself to loke the plain taste of yogurt. I have never tried stevia though, will have to give that a whirl. :)

raquel
07-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Honey, maple syrup, stevia (whatever that is) all great ideas! I'll have to try the honey and maple syrup and hunt around for stevia! :) Thanks for the great ideas ladies! Keep them coming if anyone else has other alternatives! :tu