PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbookers, need some help

snlmama
07-14-2005, 12:02 PM
I don't normally do "print" scrapbooks, although I am getting into digi scrapbooking when I have time. But, a friend of mine is adopting a little girl from South America and another friend is organizing a group gift of a scrapbook all ready for her to just put the pictures in. We're all going to do 3 or so pages and then D will compile it and give it to her from all of us. Sounded really cool, but I have *no idea* where to start and what to do. Any suggestions. Basically I guess I'm doing 3 "background" pages for pics of a 2 year old girl. Where is a good place to buy the stuff for it and any specific brands you rec. or suggestions on how to do it? I want to do some nice ones. :shrug

DogwoodMama
07-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Do you have a scrapbooking store near you? They seem to be everywhere these days... I imagine if you go to one, the staff could help you with that... So, you won't have pictures yet?

snlmama
07-14-2005, 12:14 PM
No. The adoption goes thru in Sept. and our plan is to give her a book ready for her to just stick pictures into it when she gets to bring her new dd home. So, I have until Sept.

DogwoodMama
07-14-2005, 12:26 PM
That's a really nice gift! It's sort of hard to do that, though I know "quick pages" are popular in digi scrapping... :think

snlmama
07-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Oh, and no scrapbooking stores that I know of around here. I've seen the stuff at Michaels. :think

It's sort of hard to do that, though I know "quick pages" are popular in digi scrapping

Yeah. Esp. since I don't really "do" non-digital normally. Could I maybe do a digital quick page then print it out at Kinkos or something? :think

DogwoodMama
07-14-2005, 02:26 PM
I was actually thinking along the lines of doing a digital page and printing it out! :)