PDA

View Full Version : So excited: new sewing machine!

Hopeful
07-13-2005, 04:15 AM
I got my new sewing machine!!

:jump2

Now I just have to figure out how to use it!!! :grin

For some reason the bobbin isn't happy :shrug

cklewis
07-13-2005, 06:59 AM
What kind is it? :highfive and :woohoo

C

Hopeful
07-16-2005, 01:42 PM
I finally worked out I had threaded the top thread wrong...and it was affecting the bobbin thread! :rolleyes

Anyway, the machine is a wonderful Janome 6019QC ... specially with quilters in mind!

One of my aims is to finish my current quilt before baby comes - yeah right!! :laughtears Just like all the other projects I want to finish!!!

cannuke
07-16-2005, 03:26 PM
I finally worked out I had threaded the top thread wrong...and it was affecting the bobbin thread! :rolleyes

Anyway, the machine is a wonderful Janome 6019QC ... specially with quilters in mind!

One of my aims is to finish my current quilt before baby comes - yeah right!! :laughtears Just like all the other projects I want to finish!!!

I've got a Janome as well (different model) and I've found that their instruction manual is pretty good. Do you have the manual for yours?

:laughtears I think that we must be living parallel lives! I was lying awake in bed last night thinking about all the projects that I just "have" to get done before baby arrives. Make diapers (fitteds and prefolds), inserts, diaper bag, and 2 baby carriers! Ya right! :rolleyes

Then I got up this morning and realized that it's probably not that big a thing if they don't get done and I need some rest. :)

UltraMother
07-16-2005, 09:55 PM
Oooooh, a new sewing machine! Is there a drooling emoticon? :giggle

Hopeful
07-19-2005, 02:14 AM
realized that it's probably not that big a thing if they don't get done and I need some rest.

I agree totally!

I 'played' with my mahcine yesterday and managed to finish the top of a patchwork quilt. I'm so amazed at how much easier it is to sew with this machine than with DH's grandmother's 1950s one - most people had told me there wasn't much difference between modern machines and old ones. Well, sewing with my new one is a breeze compared to the old one (which was in brilliant condition - g'ma never used it!)

I'm SO glad I've got this new one! :jump Yes, the instruction manual is quite clear.

In an ideal world, sewing-wise, I would have ready for baby:
- a pouch sling
- re-adjust the ring sling
- re-inforce a bought pouch sling that looks terribly flimsy
- finish the quilt
- make another 2 nursing tops out of T-shirts
- finish those quilted place-mats I started

:laughtears :laughtears :laughtears