PDA

View Full Version : New Pups

4thekids
07-12-2005, 03:45 PM
My dog just had at least 6 pups! Woo Hoo! We only found out she was preg 2 1/2 weeks ago when she all of a sudden got HUGE! Anyways they are all tucked away under our house, which is why we can't tell for sure how many there are. My dh went to get one of those hard plastic kiddy pools to put them in (with something lining the bottom of course) so they can come inside and mamma can come and go as she pleases without our 6 month old pup bothering them. I am so excited! They are so cute!

4thekids
07-12-2005, 05:40 PM
We got them all safely inside! There are NINE. They are so adorable and tiny.

amstermarie
07-13-2005, 03:03 PM
9 oh my goosh!!!!!!!!! what kind of dog is she? do you know the dad, dads? or can you tell by looking at the pups what kind they are?

4thekids
07-17-2005, 08:50 AM
Sorry I have been off for a while and didn't see your post when I got back. The mamma is a german shepherd-lab mix. The daddy is a pit bull. The daddy was a mean dog. But we have had a pitbull-shepherd-lab mix before and it was the best dog we ever had. Any others that I know of also turned out to be a nice balance of friendly and protective. They also seem to have a better sense than most of whether a person is good or bad. So hopefully these will be the same.

Blue Aurora
07-17-2005, 09:17 AM
Awww I love puppies!

arwen
07-17-2005, 10:36 AM
puppies are cute...
are you planning on having your dog fixed after this litter?

4thekids
07-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Yeah we plan on having her fixed after this. We had actually planned on it before but we were told that she was in heat about a month and a half before she actually was so we thought we were in the clear for a while. Turns out we were wrong! We are also very careful about who dogs go to. We may keep our pups a little longer than most do but we do all that we can to make sure they go to a good home where they won't just be tied to a tree and neglected. I've seen too much of that and it makes me just :sick