PDA

View Full Version : Help us name our fish!

Abinsmom
07-12-2005, 01:03 PM
DS turned 3 yesterday and he received a beautiful blue Betta fish as a gift. It is apparently a male, although how do you know???

Anyway, we're having trouble naming him. Any suggestions? DS has come up with Blueberry (because he recently rode a pony while on vacation named Blueberry) and Gary (I guess Gary is the name of one of Sponge-Bob's friends?).

Help!!!!

Mothering by Heart
07-12-2005, 01:08 PM
The male bettas are the pretty colorful ones :)

I would just let your ds name it what he wants :shrug. My dd named hers "Purple Rose" :grin

When oldest dd gor her first one years ago. She named it "Parp" Then she change it to "Angel" All subsequent bettas were "Angel"

My friend used to have one named "Taco" I thought that was :laughtears

domesticzookeeper
07-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Ours was named Tyson (yes, after the boxer :giggle)

My friend has two bettas, Siva and Malin, both named after gods of destruction :eek

Another friend had a betta named Mr. Bubbles :lol

I say you let him name him whatever he wants; my sister named her (male) fish, Chloe :shifty

jujubnme
07-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Congratulations on your new fish! We have a blue (with red mixed in) betta fish too, along with three other little fishies in an aquarium. The male bettas are the ones with the beautiful fins and colors and are the ones that are primarily sold in pet stores. I agree with letting your ds pick the name. Julius named all of our fish. Ticky is our betta fish's name and the other three are Terkel, Merkel and Twhee. :shrug

flowermama
07-12-2005, 01:43 PM
We weren't sure what to name our's either. We decided to call it Theron. :)

I think Blueberry is a great name! :tu so is Gary (my dad's name ;)). I used to have a fish named "Cornflakes" (a goldfish), and dd had one named "Gold Moon" (also a goldfish). I think kids come up with cool names. :D

I'd love to know what name you guy's decide to choose! :)

Abinsmom
07-12-2005, 07:52 PM
Well again, Blueberry is the name of the pony my son rode while we were on vacation a couple weeks ago, and Gary is my BIL's name, so we were thinking maybe BlueGary. What do you think?

He's a really pretty fish! So graceful and the color of peacock feathers! I've never had a fish before, so this is fun!

flowermama
07-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Well again, Blueberry is the name of the pony my son rode while we were on vacation a couple weeks ago, and Gary is my BIL's name, so we were thinking maybe BlueGary. What do you think?

I like it. :tu

He's a really pretty fish! So graceful and the color of peacock feathers! I've never had a fish before, so this is fun!

They are beautiful fish!

boonpnutsmom
07-12-2005, 09:50 PM
We had one that was many different colors and the kids uncle named him Jacob but I would have named him Joseph. Then we had a red and orange one, we named him Flame. We now have an Oranda named Randy. We had a fan tailed goldfish we called Goldie....see where I am going with this? Not very original but easy to remember.

joystrength
07-12-2005, 10:12 PM
If it were MY fish, he'd be Azure! But BlueGary sounds great, too, especially since DS thought of it! Where's the fishy icon? "Fish in my hai-ah! Fish in my hai-ah!"

"WAKE up, fisshhy!!"

At least he didn't suggest NEMO!

UltraMother
07-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Eric. Eric the Fish. :mrgreen And don't forget his fish license.

Abinsmom
07-12-2005, 10:26 PM
My original suggestion was Azul (and call him Azzie!).

My family still likes a combo of Blueberry and Gary. Oy!

BeckaBlue
07-12-2005, 10:28 PM
well, we let our kids name them whatever they wanted

kenzie's first turtle is named Jonathan Mr. Greener (NN mr. greener). the other is Shelly Shalalalalalalala Oh Shelly (NN shelly). the cichlid we had was Longy (cuz he was long). the first goldfish we had was Mr. spots (he had black spots and was a mr because to of his spots made it look like a mustache). next is Angel because it's one with the two tails that look like angel wings. then there's Mr. One Tail, because he only has one tail, :lol and then there's Finder Finds Food (NN finder, because he's always searchin for more food!)

we have no clue what their sexes are, tbh, that's jsut what they wanted them named

(btw, Mr.Spots and Longy both went on to fishy heaven, so we just have the 3 gf and 2 turtles, we also have 3 guppies that we'd bought as food, not fancy guppies, but those are the ones (of 14) that niether turtle ate, so they've become out pets too but aren't named)

amstermarie
07-13-2005, 03:08 PM
if it is pretty it is probably a male, also if it was sold in one of those glass jars it is definitely a male. females have hardly no fin, and there color is blah. just remember only 1 male Betta to a tank. i like the name you chose.

boonpnutsmom
07-14-2005, 12:30 AM
All of our Plecostomus (algae eaters) are named AL, lol

flowermama
07-14-2005, 01:03 AM
We had a fan tailed goldfish we called Goldie

:giggle We've also had a goldfish named "Goldie."

My younger dd told me today that she would like her beta fish's name to be "Daddy," but we talked about it some more, and we've decided to stick with the name "Theron." :lol