PDA

View Full Version : cat getting spayed tomorrow

flowermama
07-10-2005, 10:10 PM
Could you say a quick prayer, please, if you feel led that Marcy's appointment will go well tomorrow? We've put off getting her spayed, and she is three years old now. She's going in tomorrow morning. :pray thank you! :)

PurpleButterfly
07-10-2005, 10:16 PM
:pray Praying for Marcy! We put off Abby's spay for about the same time period and she ended up with a life threatening uterine infection (pyrometra) and a much more dangerous emergency hysterectomy. You're doing the right thing. :hug2

flowermama
07-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Thank you for your reassurance. :heart I was thinking about Abby, and her experience is one reason we are finally getting this done! ((((hugs)))) to you and Abby. :heart

Marcy is so sweet... she is sitting and relaxing on top of my computer right now. :giggle

PurpleButterfly
07-10-2005, 10:49 PM
And Abby is doing better than ever! PTL!!!

Give Marcy hugs from Abby! And give yourself hugs from me! :hug :hearts Praying for peace and comfort for all of you and an easy surgery and gentle recovery. Be sure to bring a little something from home and ask the tech to keep it with Marcy during her stay - an unlaundered shirt or sock with your scent on it will be very comforting to her.

Senta
07-10-2005, 11:52 PM
:pray

PurpleButterfly
07-11-2005, 05:50 PM
How is little Marcy doing? :hearts :pray

flowermama
07-12-2005, 12:04 PM
She was in heat when he did the surgery, so it was more complicated because of that apparently. She was real nervous when she came home, and she hid under the couch last night, but would come out and sit on my lap when the kids weren't around.

Now she is sitting in a window. She seems okay, but not real happy. :( But I'll try and give her extra cuddles when she's up to it, and hopefully she'll feel better soon.

She looks so skinny in the back! :( She's such a small cat to begin with.... the weight on her chart is 6.75 pounds.

Anyway, thank you for asking about her, and thank you to those who prayed for her. :heart

PurpleButterfly
07-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Poor baby. :( I kwym about the overnight skinny. Makes you realize just how much is really being removed. If you have an electric blanket to put out on the lowest setting, or even a warm water bottle, that can help her feel a lot more comfortable. She should be more like herself in a few days. :hugheart :heart :pray