PDA

View Full Version : Silly question about pajamas for kids :)

DogwoodMama
07-09-2005, 08:19 PM
I think I'm still in the "newborn" mentality... dd has a lot of onesies/sleepers, because I don't like her to sleep in an outfit more than once. At what age do you just get them a 2-3 pairs of PJs and let them sleep in them more than once? Or do you always have fresh pjs for your kids? I feel dumb about this. I thought, well, maybe once she's potty trained it won't seem weird to let her wear the same pjs a couple of times before I wash them... but even now her diaper doesn't leak and they aren't really dirty. :shrug So call me confused, I'm not quite sure what is the "accepted" thing to do with toddlers and PJs. :O :lol

Marzipan
07-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Ummm...my dd has slept in pjs more than once since she was like...six months old? Unless she spit up on them or something. :) :shrug

MarynMunchkins
07-10-2005, 12:01 PM
I change my kids' pj's until they're PL, but they smell. :giggle

ArmsOfLove
07-10-2005, 12:12 PM
pj's? what are pj's? :giggle

dd loves beautiful and comfy and pants and dress kinds--loves her pj's :heart

my boys wear them until about 2 and then end up sleeping in their undies unless it's winter time :P

abbiroads
07-10-2005, 12:21 PM
my ds stays in pjs through breakfast, so they are usually dirty and I always put them in the laundry b/k then i dont have to think about it

GodisGood
07-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Usually when they start walking. Don't know why that's a magic age for us.

MagnoliaMommy
07-10-2005, 12:37 PM
I always change their pajamas, but we keep ours on until after breakfast too. I can't sleep in the same pair of pajamas more than once either. Maybe that explains the stack of laundry I have. :shrug

Radosny Matka
07-10-2005, 07:30 PM
I will use p.j.'s on Patrick again if they are not leaked on or spit up on. :D

MomToDM
07-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Ds always has a clean pair of pjs on, but during the summer he sleeps in his diaper. I too have to have clean pjs, so thats probably why I do it with him.

blessedwithboys
07-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Ds is done w/ the leaking and spit up stage but I have a thing about clean pj's so I put a fresh pair on him every night. However, he's only got 3 pairs. I just do enough laundry :/ that he's always got a clean pair anyway.

amytech
07-11-2005, 06:46 PM
My dd wears the same nightgown many nights in a row but I think nightgowns don't fit around the body like p.j.'s so maybe that is why I do it?? I am just lazy?! I can not imagine changing everyone's p.j.'s everyday! I would have so much laundry.
Now when they were in diapers, they would be changed every day or every other day.
My boys just wear knit shorts or lounge pants and a t-shirt to bed. They are so lazy that often they will shower before bed and just wear their "p.j's" the whole next day! :rolleyes
Boys...

ebethmom
07-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Ds wore his PJ's all day yesterday. I kept asking if he'd like to get dressed, but he just wanted his PJ's. Played outside in them, too. Even added a cape to the ensemble!

We go for fresh PJ's every night. By the time I get everyone dressed, the PJ's are pretty dirty.

Ds still sleeps in Fuzzi Bunz, and his PJ's just reek of pee in the morning. He usually crawls in bed with us sometime in the night. He hates pillows, so his head winds up against the headboard with his bumm right at my eye (nose!) level. So fresh PJ's are really necessary! (OK, I know . . .TMI! Sorry!)

Proverbs31
07-12-2005, 09:11 PM
DD is 19 months, and we still change PJs every day; they always get breakfast on them, and I'm picky about not having food-stained clothes in bed.

Amber
07-12-2005, 09:18 PM
We always reused ds pjs, unless they were dirty of course.

Soliloquy
07-12-2005, 09:19 PM
I think I started letting her wear them two nights in a row :eek (big step for a new mamma!) when she was around 4 months old. When she hit a 9 months, I got so tired of buying new PJs all the time (she outgrew them so fast) that I bought her size 18 months (on great advice from the Sears). When she hit a year I bought her several pair in size 2T and 3T. She wears all of them and thankfully will be able to continue wearing them for awhile. I let her wear them for about 3-6 days before I change them--just depends. She is never interested in breakfast, so that's not an issue.

DogwoodMama
07-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Thanks for all the replies... I think I'll probably be OK with 2-4 pairs for the winter then... she does eat in them occassionally, so maybe more like 4... :think PJs are so expensive though! :eek :giggle Have to start scouting some sales...

Moon
07-14-2005, 09:38 PM
We rarely use "jammies" in the summertime. :shrug Unless we've had a bath just before bed, we sleep in our tshirts or tank tops we wore that day, with either undies or boxers. If they were playing in the water toys outside most of the evening, or if they took a bath, that's when the pjs come out. For my oldest ds and hub that's usually just a pair of boxers though.

puffballpopple
07-15-2005, 07:16 AM

Irene
07-15-2005, 10:59 AM
I remember growing up my mom would always put our pjs under our pillows to use the next night, but I dont remember how many nights.

DD will put on her pjs, read the book, get under the covers, and promptly take them off :giggle so they go back in the drawer :shifty and every night she changes, but then they all endup in the laundry anyway because I can never keep track and she likes to throw everything in the hamper :)

Ds cant stand wearing anything to bed, so he just sleeps in a diaper. :shrug he doesnt even like blankets...

I have 2 toasty kids... while I bundle up :giggle

julietx
07-17-2005, 07:26 PM
I posted this in the wrong place....I don't know what I did but anyway,,,

my 10 yr old son sometimes wears pj's, sometimes wears undies only, sometimes wears clothes he's had on, sometimes sleeps in the buff, I just let him make the decision.