PDA

View Full Version : Silly question? How do you nurse with a sling?

mama2mychildren
07-08-2005, 01:16 PM
I mean, do you have to wear nursing tops? It seems like you would in order to nurse "discreetly" otherwise you're just flashing abs to everyone, right?

I'm hoping Im missing something as I despise nursing tops but would love to be able to nurse a bit more discreetly with DC#2. :)

gentlemama
07-08-2005, 01:28 PM
I've found that wearing a normal shirt with a nursing cami underneath works. The cami covers the abs, but I don't need a million nursing shirts.

Irene
07-08-2005, 01:29 PM
hmmm well I refuse to wear nursing tops too ;) unless designed by me of course :shifty but I always had a hard time nursing in the sling. he always hated being bundled up though, even teeny tiny, he would thrash about trying to be free of this thing.... so, what was supposed to be discreet nursing in a sling always ended up being so not discreet.
yes, I think if you didnt like nursing tops, you would show belly, but you would without the sling too, right? I think that the tail would be able to cover you up a little bit, or maybe you can wrap it around you somehow if you were self conscious?

gratefulmama
07-09-2005, 10:13 PM
I don't have nursing tops, I nurse quite discreetly, I think. When dd was little she just scrnched down in the sling sort of half way between the tummy to tummy and side laying pose and I used the tail to cover whatever. I kind of spread it out and tuck it under my arm to cover that flabby side of mine ;)

Now if she will tolerate it, she will lay in the sling and nusre and I think it is more discreete cause she is bigger and covers my front belly and again I tuck the material under my arm to cover my side. Somtimes she wants to sit up and nurse tummy to tummy and doesn't lik to be covered :rolleyes then I'm in trouble ;)

MarynMunchkins
07-10-2005, 12:50 PM
I wear low cut tops and pull them down. :) But I don't care who I flash ;), so it's not an issue for me. :lol

GodisGood
07-10-2005, 01:06 PM
My gf constantly nursed dd#2 in a sling. Usually she kept her arm under the babe so she ended up covering whatever flesh was showing. Great idea for those MN winters. Brrrrr.

Hopeful
07-13-2005, 04:40 AM
I don't know but I've made some of Jan's nursing tops http://crafts.sleepingbaby.net/shirt.html ...very easy to make + I like the result...I'll let you know in a few weeks' (once baby is here) how I get on :grin

sarahtar
07-27-2005, 10:46 AM
I wear just a normal stretchy camisole instead of a bra (but I don't need the support offered by a bra) and then regular shirts. The shirt pulls up from the bottom, the cami pulls down. The cami covers belly, the shirt covers chest.

Lyn
07-29-2005, 12:08 AM
I usually wear nursing tops, but lately I've gotten tired of them. I've had them for soooooo long!
I think my arm covers my midsection when ds nurses in the sling. He's a big guy now too, you can see him hanging out of the Rebozo in my pic. :lol
You could try getting situated and nursing and then ask someone you are with to let you know if skin is showing. Also, which position are you using for nursing? That can make a big difference.

Marsha
07-29-2005, 06:34 AM
I didnt' nurse in a sling, but I also didn't use nursing tops. I mean, I guess part of my belly was showing sometimes, but usually the baby is laying there, and also my arm. And it's just one side that was hiked up, so any skin showing HAD to be minimal, kwim?
Try it in a mirror. Ask your dh how much is showing. The initial latch on I showed the most, but that's just a second or so.