PDA

View Full Version : Going back to cosleeping?

Blue Aurora
07-08-2005, 10:15 AM
I'm wondering if anyone has coslept than had their baby trsnsfer to full time crib sleeping and than months later go back to cosleeping. How did you know they needed to cosleep again? I think my son maybe needing to but I'm a bit scared too b/c the reason we moved him to his own room full-time is we were disturbing his sleep. He's been very clingy and fussy lately, waking up alot at night, getting up at 4:30am. DH has a new job schedule that is a bit crazy and I wonder if that's leaving him with some unmet needs. :shrug I'm also starting my 2nd trimester and am a bit concerned about him getting attached to sleeping with us again,. We only have a queen size bed so there is only so much room. Any thoughts....???

DogwoodMama
07-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Hmmm... could you compromise & put the crib in your room, perhaps even side-car it? (though my dd won't sleep in her crib next to us all night, just in spurts if I crowd her).

Blue Aurora
07-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Our bed doesn't work very well for side-carring. We have a 4-poster really high bed. We coslept a little last night and for his nap today. I was excited that he actually would go to sleep not just try to play but he still woke up way to early and only took a really short nap.. I'm going to keep playing around with it and see what works best. As a side note he seems a bit more content today than he has over the last week so maybe his sleep isn't going to improve but I'll still be meeting an emotional need he has right now. Hmmmm.... :think

godsgracegiven
07-09-2005, 02:27 AM
We started putting our dd in her own bed at night and then in the mornings she would climb in bed with us. Slowly she has grown out of it. So maybe as you guys adjust to dh's new job things will go back to normal.