PDA

View Full Version : "It must be something your'e doing wrong." <Computer Vent>

cklewis
07-07-2005, 12:54 PM
OK -- It's really not a computer vent. It's a computer programmer vent.

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Don't you hate it when you KNOW you're not crazy. You KNOW it. But when you call the programmer/help desk/husband to tell him, "Hey -- there's something wrong with the program!" all he can say is, "No, there's not. It works perfectly."

I've spent all day telling a computer-geek that X doesn't work. He responds, "It works just like it should. Y should follow X." I say, "Yes, you're right that that's how it SHOULD happen. But Y is NOT following X."

He responds, "It's working just perfectly. Y is following X."

I don't care how many times you say that, honey, you're not LISTENING TO ME! :mad

I say: "Y is not following X. Here -- I have a dozen screen shots to prove I'm right."

He responds, "It's working just perfectly. Y is following X. . . . I know this must be frustrating."

:rolleyes He did reflect feelings quite nicely, and I appreciate that and told him so.

So I'm going to collect dozens more screen shots and figure it out myself. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

It's a nice obsession, I must say, trying to prove myself RIGHT.

Thank you for listening. You may go back to your regularly scheduled forum o' gentleness.

C

boonpnutsmom
07-07-2005, 01:15 PM
AS I am the only one that handles my companies computer program when I get really really stuck, WATCH OUT. I called the program designer and told him my problem, he said NOBODY else had ever had this issue come up before.....

Fast forward to the most recent update.....IT'S FIXED. This is a huge industry and there is no way he fixed this ONLY for me, so I think there were others that had the same problem all along.

Stick with it, you are great at figuring things out, you will get to the bottom of it....(need a sherlock holmes smilie)

Mama Calidad
07-07-2005, 01:21 PM
If your help desk gets the same kind of stuff that I get, then I understand why they don't really believe you have a problem. One place that I worked at we even had a code name for user error. Ugh, I got called to the front yesterday to fix something and later got a call accusing me of breaking their computer. And no, I had nothing to do with the fact that they accidently drug their toolbar where they couldn't see it anymore. :rolleyes

Oops, sorry to vent on your vent. You must be :hissyfit :hissyfit :hissyfit not to have them understand that there is even a problem!

cklewis
07-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Oops, sorry to vent on your vent. You must be :hissyfit :hissyfit :hissyfit not to have them understand that there is even a problem!

No, no -- join in the fun. Maybe we should make this a co-computer-user vent! :D

C

cklewis
07-07-2005, 01:43 PM
What's that saying about crazy people?

"You're crazy if you keep doing the same thing and expect a different result."

I'm so not crazy. Problem is that the lady who's my go-to-gal is out on vacation, and she is going to have a radical masectomy soon, so I don't know how long I have her to go-to for this summer job.

C