PDA

View Full Version : Crib users

AKCristyMJ
07-06-2005, 04:17 PM
When did each of your dc leave the crib and switch to anything else but crib (toddler bed, your bed, full bed etc)???

My Lidia was in a Toddler bed by age 3. She'll get a real bed her 5th birthday soon.

MarynMunchkins
07-06-2005, 04:53 PM
All of my kids moved out of their cribs at about 18 months. :) Doug and Ana moved into a toddler bed and Colin sleeps in a twin.

mamaKristin
07-06-2005, 05:59 PM
DS moved out of the crib into a toddler bed at...um, 2 and a bit? It was the day after he started climbing out. Our crib has a toddler bed setting, but after I set it up that way, he climbed out the high side again...and again...and again. It was a mattress on the floor for 4 days until we picked up the toddler bed from my in-laws house. We are planning to move DD into the toddler bed at around 18 months, to let the new baby in to the crib for naps.

Irene
07-06-2005, 08:53 PM
my dd moved from her crib to a double bed (hey it was free ;) ) when she was somewhere like 18-20 months, I was preggers at the time is all I can remember, and it was that summer :)

BeckaBlue
07-06-2005, 09:14 PM
kenz was 2y3m iirc, she had just started crawling out of her crib.

abbey had just turned 2, she broke her crib.

nik stopped sleepin at all in the crib or playpen and about 17-18mts and gone to FT co-sleeping

TheSweetLife
07-06-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm glad you asked this, I have been wondering the same thing with another baby on the way and only one crib.

We have a twin size bed, would it be safe to put this against a wall on one side and get one of those rail things so she doesn't roll out on the open side? She would be about 20 months when we move her to this.

GodisGood
07-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Our boys went into twin beds when they were around 18-mo to 2 yrs.

AKCristyMJ
07-06-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm just stunned by this!!! :eek So gald I asked!!

Because my Bethany is exactly 18mos and loves her crib still. I can totally not imagine moving her into Sisters Toddler bed in a month when Lidia gets a big bed!!
Oh man!

I always figured I'd wait till age 2 or so and/or when I potty train.

So how did you know when dc was ready??
How did you transition?

flowermama
07-07-2005, 03:28 AM
I think my first daughter began sleeping in a futon when she was about 22 or so months old. I should probably look it up; I have it written down somewhere!

I had it set up in her room along with the crib, and one day she asked to start sleeping in it, I think.

We've used double beds with our children. We've found that size to be nice because there is lots of room for a parent to lay down with them as they are falling asleep, and there's room for a sibling to sleep with them, too.

. . . .

Okay, I looked it up! Here is what I wrote about her beginning to sleep in her futon:

http://www.geocities.com/kidzarepeopletoo/ellensleep.html
As of about a week ago (Ellen is 22 months now) Ellen started sleeping part of the night in her very own bed (a futon). She really seems to enjoy it! It's been in her room for over a month, and I thought I'd just let her choose when she wanted to start using it. Well, she decided she wanted to start using it, and it's working out great!

However, we kept our crib and when she was about four or so, she started to sleep in it again for awhile, but with one side of it taken off. (She wanted to do it!)

MarynMunchkins
07-07-2005, 07:18 AM
My kids all started crawling out of the crib at about 18 months. :)

amytech
07-07-2005, 09:17 AM
Mine were all different!
My oldest would have been perfectly happy to stay in the crib until he didn't fit anymore :) He moved to a twin bed when he was about 3 since we needed it for his brother who had grown out of the cradle.

My dd climbed out of her crib at 18 months. We had the mattress down on the lowest setting and found her STANDING on the crib rail, holding onto the headboard part unable to get back down!!! I have no idea how she managed it but she has always been a dare-devil! That night the crib was down and the mattress was on the floor. :rolleyes
We put the mattress in a toddler bed frame with a bed rail on it so she wouldn't roll out in the night. She is still in the same set up at 4 although she will need a twin bed before she is 5-she is getting really long for it!

GodChick
07-07-2005, 09:55 PM
DD went to a toddler bed around 2 years. We've got one where the crib transitions to a toddler bed by taking the front part off. So it was an easy transition, because it was the same bed she loved, just without the "crib rails" in the front.

cheri
07-08-2005, 03:36 PM
We have a twin size bed, would it be safe to put this against a wall on one side and get one of those rail things so she doesn't roll out on the open side? She would be about 20 months when we move her to this.

One of my friends just put a twin sized mattress right on the floor (no rails or anything underneath) so that if her son rolled off, he'd only go a couple of inches. It seemed to work, and he liked being able to easily get in and out of his own bed.

Radosny Matka
07-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Nathaniel was out of his crib and into a twin bed at 26 months.

mama2mychildren
07-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Wish I could help you! DD is 2 and wont have anything to do with her toddler bed! I am just being patient and asking her daily if she wants to sleep in it but giving her the option. She did tell me that the crib is for the new baby when he/she is here so perhaps that will get her into her toddler bed. I decided it was a battle I could do without. :shrug

abbiroads
07-13-2005, 01:33 PM
I think I will take down ds's crib and put the matress on the flour when we get home (august 20th or so). I like the "idea" of him getting in and out of bed on his own. But I will have to find somewhere else to store his "real" books :), oh well.