PDA

View Full Version : X-Stitchers...What are you working on right now?

SunnyMeee
07-01-2005, 04:50 PM
I'm doing a piece that is by Paula Vaughn and is part of the Summers Remembered leaflet. It's a fence post that is strung with wire. Hanging over the wire is a quilt. In front of the fence post is a chair with a bonnet dangling from the chairback. A basket of quilting supplies is in the grass in front of the quilt. I've done this one before...*years* ago...and gave it away. Now I'm doing one for myself on 22 count.

Anyone else?

boonpnutsmom
07-01-2005, 05:08 PM
I have all the booklets on Paula Vaughn, I lover her. I am currently or errr, still working on a wedding sampler that I have been working on for almost 10 years :eek. I have done so many things in between, not sure when or if this will ever get finished. Maybe one of my grandkids will finish it someday.

cklewis
07-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Not cross-stitch. I'm working on smocking a dress for Elise's 4th birthday, and I'm about to go see if I can finish an outfit for the 4th for Isaac.

EEK!!

C

Punkie
07-01-2005, 05:41 PM
I have about 5 x-stitch projects going, but I'm focusing on my knitting right now...

UltraMother
07-01-2005, 09:42 PM
I have a pic of Jesus praying in the desert that I have been working on for about 3 years now. Then there's the dragon for dh, the Amish bridge for my mom...

CelticJourney
07-01-2005, 09:56 PM
I keep looking, but haven't found the 'right' project to start. My last project, if I am remembering correctly, was Celtic Christmas (minus the border).

boonpnutsmom
07-02-2005, 02:26 AM
I wish my mom would make a portfolio of all her projects, I will go around the house tomorrow and take pictures of some of the ones she has made for me in the last 10 years. She is extremely talented. She is also a perfectionist. She will spend HOURS fixing something that nobody but her would even know was a possible mistake. I made one before DS#1 was born it is the Cinderella mice sewing a quilt, I love it, but I will have to dig it out and take a picture, very difficult to describe. I wish I had more time to devote to cross stitching, it is a passion of mine, but I don't like working it spurts so I haven't touched anything in a long time.

SunnyMeee
07-02-2005, 10:10 AM
I have all the booklets on Paula Vaughn, I lover her. I am currently or errr, still working on a wedding sampler that I have been working on for almost 10 years :eek. I have done so many things in between, not sure when or if this will ever get finished. Maybe one of my grandkids will finish it someday.

I know what you mean about getting a project finished! I am still working on a Kinfolk companion doll standing next to a sheep cross-stitch project. I started it around 1996...maybe earlier. All I have left to do is the backstitching... :lol

I've even lost the pattern twice. I had the original in the magazine. I lost it and purchased a black and white copy in 1997 from someone online.

Then, about 2 months ago I decided to try and get it finished and found that I'd lost the copy of the pattern!

Thankfully I found someone on Ebay who was selling the original magazine pages and I bought-it-now. :)

I need to finish it...

SunnyMeee
07-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Not cross-stitch. I'm working on smocking a dress for Elise's 4th birthday, and I'm about to go see if I can finish an outfit for the 4th for Isaac.

EEK!!

C

Oh, wow. Smocking? I sooo wish I knew how to sew. Sounds lovely. :)

SunnyMeee
07-02-2005, 10:15 AM
I have about 5 x-stitch projects going, but I'm focusing on my knitting right now...

I'm *trying* to teach myself to knit. I taught myself to crochet and knitting has been much more difficult for me to learn. Do you go back and forth between knitting and cross-stitching? I tend to go back and forth between cross-stitching and crocheting or reading and crossword puzzles.

What are you knitting? I'd try to guess, but knitting is so versatile, you could be making just about anything. :giggle

SunnyMeee
07-02-2005, 10:17 AM
I have a pic of Jesus praying in the desert that I have been working on for about 3 years now. Then there's the dragon for dh, the Amish bridge for my mom...

A few months ago I decided that I would try to find a pattern to cross-stitch for my MIL for Christmas (that sentence was a mouthful...lol). I bought several patterns and I haven't started anything for her! I'd better get on it. :) Are you almost finished with the dragon and bridge?

SunnyMeee
07-02-2005, 10:18 AM
I keep looking, but haven't found the 'right' project to start. My last project, if I am remembering correctly, was Celtic Christmas (minus the border).

I tend to buy patterns and then put them away until the time seems right. Guess that's why I'm still working on that Kinfolk Companion piece. :grin

SunnyMeee
07-02-2005, 10:21 AM
I wish my mom would make a portfolio of all her projects, I will go around the house tomorrow and take pictures of some of the ones she has made for me in the last 10 years. She is extremely talented. She is also a perfectionist. She will spend HOURS fixing something that nobody but her would even know was a possible mistake. I made one before DS#1 was born it is the Cinderella mice sewing a quilt, I love it, but I will have to dig it out and take a picture, very difficult to describe. I wish I had more time to devote to cross stitching, it is a passion of mine, but I don't like working it spurts so I haven't touched anything in a long time.

Ohhh! What a sweet thing for you to do for your mom. :) I would like to see the Cinderella piece and the pieces your mom made for you. Are you able to post photos?

Punkie
07-02-2005, 10:27 AM

I'm *trying* to teach myself to knit. I taught myself to crochet and knitting has been much more difficult for me to learn. Do you go back and forth between knitting and cross-stitching? I tend to go back and forth between cross-stitching and crocheting or reading and crossword puzzles.

What are you knitting? I'd try to guess, but knitting is so versatile, you could be making just about anything. :giggle

Yeah, I go back and forth, but right now I'm doing more knitting than anything else. My mom taught me to crochet when I was little, and knitting was a little tricky for me at first, but once I got in the groove, its come very easily!

Right now I'm about to finish a ribbed scarf from the "Stich N B****" book. Its called the "Ribbed for her pleasure scarf" :giggle I'm about to start on a purse or two and a head do-rag thingie that I thought was kind of cute too. :grin

Gailmegan
07-02-2005, 10:29 AM
I used to x stitch a lot before dc. I started on with bunny rabbits when I was pregnant with ds1, but still haven't finished it. Someday...

SunnyMeee
07-03-2005, 01:00 PM
I used to x stitch a lot before dc. I started on with bunny rabbits when I was pregnant with ds1, but still haven't finished it. Someday...

You'll find time again someday. :hug

It's only in the last few months that I decided to pick stitching up again.

booboo
07-22-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm currently working on a small Belle pattern (from Beauty and the Beast) for my 6 yo dd. And my 4.5 yo is getting a little Winnie the Pooh picture. I'm so behind this year; usually I've gotten a few ornaments done for Christmas! aaaacccckkk!
:hissyfit