PDA

View Full Version : Wooden spoons

SPKarenO
07-01-2005, 10:27 AM
How long do you keep your wooden spoons? I have one that looks like its kind of mildewing. It's from pampered chef, I thought there's weren't supposed to do that, but then I tried to look it up on thier website, and it looks like they don't carry wooden spoons anymore. Anyway...how long do you keep your wooden spoons?

snlmama
07-01-2005, 10:47 AM
I've never had that happen. I've had a couple of cheap ones start to splinter and I threw them away. I think I"ve had some 10 years or more, though. Have you tried washing it in bleach water?

Mamaka
07-01-2005, 03:00 PM
I know that Pampered Chef went to bamboo for their wooden utensils since it's supposed to be more sanitary (can't remember the reasoning, just know that was a selling point) and they won't stain.

As far as how long to keep them, I'm not sure. :think Could they be stained instead of mildewing? Maybe wash them in super hot water with a little vinegar and see if that helps. If not, I might just toss them and start over.

SPKarenO
07-01-2005, 08:52 PM
I think your right about them being bamboo, and no I'm not positive its mildew, I suppose it could be a stain. Mildew was just the first explanation I thought of...i'll try the vinegar and if that doesn't fix it, I'll try bleach. Thanks.