PDA

View Full Version : Barbershop 101 -- I'm failing this class!!

cklewis
06-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Haircuts? I get a C+ for skill and a B+ for gentleness.

Shampoos? I get an A for getting the soap out and a D for gentleness tonight. I was ROTTEN tonight. :(

My only weapon is nursing. :bft2 Do you know how hard it is to nurse a sensitive 18mo and cut hair? And then DH says, "well, it's a little short here." :kiss It's cut at least.

So how do you all do it? I remember my mom was pretty rotten with hair-washing too. Lots of tears. So I don't have many tools in my barbershop toolbox for this one.

HELP!

C

snlmama
06-30-2005, 07:21 PM
I remember my mom used to have us lay down on the kitchen counter and wash our hair in the sink w/ that spray nozzle. I haven't had to resort to that myself, but it never got soap in our eyes. :)

My oldest is very sensitive about soap in his eyes and i have him look up at the ceiling, then I put a dry rag over his eyes while I rinse. But, that's now. he didn't have any hair to speak of until he was 2, so we just wiped his head w/ a wet rag at your ds' age. ;)

We just take them to the kiddie haircut place for haircuts. Dh is picky and wants it to look just so and I"m not going to attempt doing it right.

2sunshines
06-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Yea, I'm not so hot at cutting hair either. I'm glad my second is a girl and I can just let her hair grow out. :shifty

I just can't stand to pay all that money for a hair cut... :neutral

My secret is to use one of those electric razor thingies with one of the bigger guards so that it's not too short.

Hair washing -- I haven't figured out that secret yet. I just do it as quick as possible and then comfort afterwards... :shrug

catholicapmom
07-01-2005, 01:58 AM
My dh cuts my son's hair. He used to sit still for it but one time my dh accidentally nicked his ear and now it's like the end of the world whenever he gets his hair cut. We just give him a lolipop or somthing while my dh buzzes his hair with an electric razor. As far as shampooing goes, we've never had a problem with that.