PDA

View Full Version : I'm a grandma!

OneSillyMommy
06-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Our cat Peaches had kittens last night. She was given to us as a kitten , and unfortunatly she got out and became pregnant before we had a chance to fix her. The bad new is we don't know how many kittens she had or if they all survived, as she had them in between floorboards, in the basement ceiling and under the main floor of the house. She got up in an area above the water heater that i've been bugging dh to close up :td so i'm wondering if we should try and get up there like by taking a bit of the wooden ceiling down (dh does construction all day) is it worth it ? i just have thought of having a dead kitty up there stinking up the house, or one who needs vet care and not being able to get at her. Peaches seems fine, she came down and ate a ton this morning and she has a ton of milk. She cuddled us for a lil bit and then went back up there. I did hear several kittens crying least 2 while she was down eating, but haven't heard a peep since.

domesticzookeeper
06-30-2005, 08:06 PM
I would move them to a safe location, for all the reasons you mentioned.

boonpnutsmom
06-30-2005, 10:44 PM
:congrats

OneSillyMommy
07-01-2005, 12:46 PM
we moved them safely into our super huge dog crate. There are 3 orangs kittens, i think they'll be long haired like there mamma , but it's hard to tell when they are 2 days old. They have super full tummies, so she is doing a good job of nursing them. I figured we'll wait till they are climbing out of there box before moving them out of there and into the pantry.