PDA

View Full Version : where do you get your gluten free things

mandyrberry
06-30-2005, 08:08 AM
:nak I am starting my girls and I on a gluten free diet. It is so overwhelming. We are also vegitarian and no soy. What is there to eat? :shrug i know that there is stuff but i need help finding it. I found The Gluten Free Pantry on line but didnt knw if they were a good place to order from.
where do you order from, like bulk rice flower and such

Piper2
06-30-2005, 09:28 AM
I've only tried gluten-free things here and there, and I've never ordered on-line. If you have a Whole Foods or a Wild Oats Market nearby, they should have a good selection of GF foods, including bulk flours. And my local Kroger supermarket has some, mostly Bob's Red Mill.

JJsMom
06-30-2005, 12:18 PM
We just went off gluten two weeks ago and I find stuff at the Coop here or at Cub (grocery store), they have a small section of stuff, then some Bob's Red Mill stuff too. You could call and ask a few places around, I was really surprised to find that gf section at Cub. If you can get flours and a few snacks, that really helps a lot. The natural food section stuff usually says if it contains gluten. I found a few cereals that are yummy too!

inesperada
06-30-2005, 12:18 PM
Mostly I've bought things from health foods stores in the area. www.surefoodsmarket.com isn't open yet, but I've heard great reviews about the local store, so I'm sure the online version will be fabulous.

Irene
06-30-2005, 02:01 PM
hmmm, well Bobs red mill stuff is all in tiny packages, which lasts about a day at our house ;)

we buy in bulk, like 25 pound bags of flour etc but we have a food buying club, but I have no idea how you would find such a thing around your area...