PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this has been posted here or not -- important! Please read...

foster_sk
06-29-2005, 09:19 AM
I lurk here sometimes but haven't posted yet... Anyway, on another diapering board several women have discovered that their children's diaper pics have been stolen off the 'net and are being used on a diapering fetish website... :( Read here: http://69.20.14.30/discussions/showthread.php?t=305245
and here:
http://69.20.14.30/discussions/showthread.php?t=307324
Please be very careful about posting pics of your children! There are so many sickos out there... :(

Can Dance
06-29-2005, 09:23 AM
The links don't work without a login
thanks for the heads up though!
Candice

DogwoodMama
06-29-2005, 09:25 AM
That is awful. :(

We were always aware this was a possibility, so we have a forum for posting diaper pictures that is viewable by registered users only. So the general public would not be able to capture these images and post them elsewhere on the web. :)

bostonsmama
06-29-2005, 09:55 AM
shew, so we're safe elizabeth---right? thats so crazy. there are a lot of lost people out there. :pray

DogwoodMama
06-29-2005, 09:57 AM
As long as you're pics are in the proper forums (cloth dipes pics child board or PI pictures), you're safe. :tu

foster_sk
06-29-2005, 07:58 PM
That's great! :tu

BeckaBlue
07-02-2005, 10:19 PM
could we up the number of posts needed for the pics here?

It doesn't take much to get 25 posts, just a few "hi's" in the intro forum or somethin, and you're in!

I don't wanna shut newbies out, but i also think that having to have 50 or more posts to see the pics (like is for the regular picture thread in PI!) isn't too much to ask either.

asher
07-07-2005, 07:26 AM
I agree w. mama2mad. :tu

Tina

Julia R
07-13-2005, 12:46 AM
You need to be careful about where your pictures are hosted too. There were instructions in the forums for the sick site, explaining how to bypass the pasword protection on these. Here's a place created in response to this situation with info and tips on how to protect your kids and your pictures of them.
http://www.diaperimages.com

And here is a diaper pin article. I don't think you need a password to go here.
http://www.cutofcloth.com/webprivacy/article_protectingimages.asp

I'm kind of still torn on this myself. Part of me wants to run and delete all my kids pictures. But, i am really missing seeing all those cute diaper pictues. I am also afraid the fear of this will cause us to stop posting, letting the nuts take over the net. :shrug

Roma
07-13-2005, 05:38 AM
these are the reasosns i don't post pics of myself or my kids.

i was resizing pics yesterday through a website and even then i was nervous about it, wondering who runs that site and if they somehow keep a copy of the pics................it is sad that stuff like this happens

flowermama
07-13-2005, 06:04 AM

It doesn't take much to get 25 posts, just a few "hi's" in the intro forum or somethin, and you're in!

I don't wanna shut newbies out, but i also think that having to have 50 or more posts to see the pics (like is for the regular picture thread in PI!) isn't too much to ask either.

Posts in the intro forum do not raise a person's post count. I think you are right, though, ... I feel it is relatively easy to get that amount of posts in a pretty short time. I went ahead and raised the amount to 50+ posts for access to the picture forums in the "Nurturing" section -- both the "babywearing" and "cloth diapering" picture forums. Thank you for your suggestion.

BeckaBlue
07-13-2005, 06:10 AM

Posts in the intro forum do not raise a person's post count. I think you are right, though, ... I feel it is relatively easy to get that amount of posts in a pretty short time. I went ahead and raised the amount to 50+ posts for access to the picture forums in the "Nurturing" section -- both the "babywearing" and "cloth diapering" picture forums. Thank you for your suggestion.

:tu :ty

Garnet
07-13-2005, 06:14 AM
yes thank you for keeping our gcm babies safe. :hug