PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE CLOTH DIAPERING!!!

GodChick
06-29-2005, 08:52 AM
:mrgreen Well, after all my questions I've been asking you ladies, today's our third day of exclusively cloth diapering, and I'm lovin' it! :tu Maybe I'm still in the "honeymoon" stage of things, but right now, I'm really loving cd-ing. :heart We're using FBs for when we ride in the car to pick up my WAHM work, and at night, and use Indian PF's with bummis super snap covers the rest of the time (and I've also got an air-flow cover from ME that I use with the IPF's too). No leaks, even with the runny breastmilk poops. :tu And I didn't expect to, but I LOVE prefolds!! Now that I've got that snappi thing down, I'm a diaper foldin' maniac! I'm having a great time experimenting with various diaper folds to see which ones DD and I like the best. The bikini twist is working REALLY well for us, because she doesn't like bulk up by her waist, and it's also absorbing all her pee because I hold her upright a lot and the pee goes right between her legs where the most cloth is. It even worked with her messy poops, which I didn't expect it to!!! :tu (Like y'all needed to know all THAT!) I'm even liking washing them and hanging them on the line to dry. I like knowing my dd is wearing a diaper I lovingly cleaned and folded for her! It's kind of the difference between putting a frozen pizza in the oven and fixing a meal from scratch, ya know? One just makes you feel like you've done something loving for your family!

Thanks so much for answering all my newbie questions, ladies . . . without y'all I'd never even have considered CD-ing, and surely never would have known how to be successful at it!! :hearts :cup

ps--anyone know of a link where I can learn that jellyroll fold . . . you know, the one that's got barriers on the sides to contain poop? I wanna try that one next!! :mrgreen :mrgreen

DogwoodMama
06-29-2005, 09:01 AM
Awesome! :tu

I don't know the link, but I'd like to see it too. :)

Moon
06-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Woohoo :mrgreen

I usually use the bikini twist when I put a cpf on Moose too, fits better with his thighs and just looks more cozy to me.

ChristineG
06-29-2005, 10:20 AM
Yeah! That's fantastic!! I'm so, so glad you found something that worked for you and for your budget...especially after that close call with your dh almost calling the whole thing off! :eek

Maybe I'm still in the "honeymoon" stage of things, but right now, I'm really loving cd-ing. :heart

Well, I think I'm still in the honeymoon stage, too. Only for me, it has been over 11 years of cloth diapering and I still feel so happy every time I have a basket of freshly washed diapers. :)

BeckaBlue
06-29-2005, 11:07 AM
yup, even after ver a yr i still LOVE cd'ing!!