PDA

View Full Version : Soy milk maker review (soyajoy)

Punkie
06-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Thanks, Heather, for reminding me to write this!

OK, here's my thoughts so far...
I really like it! It takes a little forethought, since the nuts (or rice or oats or whatever) have to be soaked first. I normally just soak them overnight and make a fresh batch up in the morning. It uses very little to make a batch (like 1/2 a cup of almonds, which is nothing). I bought one of those non-leaching dairy bottles from Wild Oats and I use that to store it, and we've been very happy. I'm looking forward to trying to make yogurt too!

I have been sticking to almond milk for the most part. The soy tasted fine, I just try to limit my soy consumption. The soybeans are much cheaper though... Oh, and I think its much more palatable if you add rice syrup to whatever you make, because it makes the taste a bit milder. It stays fresh for a week in the fridge, and I LOVE not having to go to the store to buy milks.

So, all in all, I'm very happy!

I should note though, that I don't really drink the milk straight up. I'm sure that I could, but I don't really even like *real* milk that way, so it just doesn't appeal to me. I couldn't drink Silk or Almond Breeze straight either. The milk from the machine is great for recipes though, and it has gotten my kids seal of approval!

gamomof2
06-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Good to know! :tu Thanks for the review!