PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Sleep

ShowersofBlessings
06-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Nighttime parenting can be so frustrating sometimes! :hissyfit

Maybe, I am spoiled a bit. But I had gotten ds into a very nice reliable routine. We bathe him, brush his teeth and then I nurse him to sleep while reading/singing to him. This has always worked. Sometimes he may nurse longer or shorter depending on how tired he is, but he hasn't really fought sleep before.

Now I can really tell that he is tired; he gets fussy, rubs his eyes, etc. BUT even after going through the routine and nursing it's as if he is trying extra hard to stay awake. He will relax to a point and then it seems like he will realize he is about to fall asleep and he jerks himself awake. This can be so frustrating for me.... I try to wait till he is tired and I also try to not wait too long after he is tired..... :shrug

I'm not sure if there is any "cure" for this, but I guess I just needed to vent! Thanks!

malakoa
06-27-2005, 07:52 PM
i think he's too tired! we're working on our sleep issues too but have found a lot of them were caused by not enough sleep. she wasn';t really napping much. now w/ 2 naps a day she's much happier. we're workingon an earlier bed time too.

ebethmom
07-14-2005, 08:59 PM
My dd is just now going through this. For the last two nights, she has fussed and cried while she tried to nurse to sleep. I think she might be teething. She's a year old, and only has two teeth so far.

Or it may be that our routine is messed up with Vacation Bible School. Ds has been going this week, and coming home all hyped up at 9:30. Dd usually starts nursing to sleep then. She hears ds and wants to crawl down to his room and play.

But she fought her nap today, too. I've been spoiled with dd, too. She has been such an easy baby! For the longest time, she was only up once in the night. And she has always gone to sleep easily. We've hit a little rough patch!