PDA

View Full Version : cosleep comment from mom *sigh*

BornFreeBaby
06-27-2005, 01:34 PM
My mom is usually fine w/ us co-sleeping, but today she said to me, "You know, as dd is getting older, she's going to ask questions about what's "going on" in the bed.
I said, "what do you mean..what's 'going on'.. we sleep! that's what we do!"
She says, "What if she wakes up and SEES you"
I said, "SEEs us what? If she wakes up she would see us sleeping, that's what she would see. We don't have sex while dd's in bed w/ us if thats what your thinking"
Mom says, "Well I just think that it puts dh out when you do that.. your still a new couple...you should be chasing each other around" I said, He still chases me around, but he chases me around the house, not necessarily our bed..NOT that THAT is ANY of your business.

WHEW! I am so glad about my answers, but SOO annoyed about her butting in. :banghead

Vipers_Princess
06-27-2005, 01:38 PM
:hug Sounds like what my mom would say if she weren't hung up on AP in general being sick and twisted.... :( sounds like you have your spine in the right place though, so I'm sure she'll eventually get tired of not getting a rise out you and keep her mouth shut...

MarynMunchkins
06-27-2005, 02:18 PM
You know, generally graphic answers usually stop those questions. "What do you mean? Oh, sex?! Mom, there are lots of places to have sex besides the bed - shower, couch, table, kitchen counter, floor. You just have to get creative - which isn't an issue for us."

:mrgreen

cannuke
06-27-2005, 04:10 PM
I think your answers sound great! :tu It does get hard to have the same conversations over and over, though.

You know, generally graphic answers usually stop those questions. "What do you mean? Oh, sex?! Mom, there are lots of places to have sex besides the bed - shower, couch, table, kitchen counter, floor. You just have to get creative - which isn't an issue for us."

Good one!

Wonder Woman
06-27-2005, 04:53 PM
:rolleyes at your mom

:mrgreen :rockon :tu :giggle :clap at you

BornFreeBaby
06-27-2005, 05:38 PM

:mrgreen

:laughtears :laughtears :laughtears I'll be sure to get specific next time!

malakoa
06-27-2005, 07:53 PM
my mil suggested something like that too. it's okay. they're silly.

DogwoodMama
06-28-2005, 10:21 AM
*sigh*... :rolleyes

Teri, it's funny... I'm 28, and was married 3 weeks after you (8/11/01), & had my dd a week before you (11/20/03). I thought that was interesting, we have similar "timelines". :)

Except I'm not expecting #2 now. :O

Soliloquy
06-28-2005, 10:26 AM
That is too funny. You handled it beautifully! I think if my mom or MIL said something like that I'd end up saying something I'd regret later . . . :O thankfully they've minded their own business so far!

BornFreeBaby
06-28-2005, 01:15 PM
*sigh*... :rolleyes

Teri, it's funny... I'm 28, and was married 3 weeks after you (8/11/01), & had my dd a week before you (11/20/03). I thought that was interesting, we have similar "timelines". :)

Except I'm not expecting #2 now. :O

Wow :highfive Very cool! :tu :tu My first wedding date was 8/11, but we had to change it to 7/21 :grin AND my original "due date" for Sarah was 11/21, but I was late.. :rockon :rockon You'd better get to work on #2 so we can stay similar! :giggle

Radosny Matka
07-05-2005, 07:03 PM
:rolleyes Yup, that would be annoying. I don't understand why everyone thinks that the bed is the only acceptable place to be with your spouse. :shrug

AttachedMamma
07-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Oh boy :rolleyes she was certainly trying to get the scoop on your sex life. Next time she tries to go there, I say embarrass the panties off of her! Tell her a little more than she ever wanted to know and she'll never tread on that soil again! :laughtears

cindi