PDA

View Full Version : kushies aios

bostonsmama
06-26-2005, 08:22 PM
has anyone used these? im guessing theyre not *great* but they sure are cheap! any thoughts?

BeckaBlue
06-26-2005, 08:44 PM
that's what i was gonna get if i couldn't find abbey some cheap AIO's otherwise. we have a kushies training pants aio that works fine

bostonsmama
06-26-2005, 09:12 PM
so where did ya find your cheap aio's otherwise :)

BeckaBlue
06-26-2005, 09:19 PM
diaperpin FSOT board, of course they're used, but a good few of the ladies have so many dipes they barely use them!!!

IslandMama
06-26-2005, 09:24 PM
I have used these and they are ok, but I needed to use doublers. The leg openings wicked out onto clothing if I didn't use the doublers. These were actually my back up aio's when my bumkins were dirty, when I went to church. I think they're a good deal for the price, but I never used them on a regular basis. I believe the covers are vinyl, so they are not as breathable, and probably not a good choice for long car rides and extended use or naps. HTH! :grin

Moon
06-27-2005, 10:07 AM
They get a :td from me. We had a bunch given to us when Moose was in mediums. They wicked onto his clothing constantly, either from the legs or his tshirts would fall in the front and get soaked. Very rarely did a whole poop actually stay inside them and he could out pee them in an hr easily.

For cheaper AIOs I hit the trading/swapping forums on boards, or ebay. Can't say that I reccomend Little Lambs off ebay (usually go about $6 each) either.

Soliloquy
06-27-2005, 07:32 PM
I used them with DD from about 10 weeks of age until about 8 months of age. IMO they're just OK. I bought mine used on ebay. If you want to try them, I recommend that route.

What I liked:
Only cotton was next to DD's skin
Very adjustable (once you get the hang of them)
They're very popular on ebay so I was able to sell my entire lot for only $30 less than I paid for them, after using them for 7 months!

What I didn't like:
Because cotton is next to the skin, the skin is constantly wet. No moisture is wicked away.
They take FOREVER to dry.
The velcro closures are constantly collecting lint. It's a pain to get the lint out.
Because they take forever to dry, you need more diapers to cover you on wash day.
If you leave them too long in the diaper pail, they can get moldy (because they're so thick, they don't dry out)
Because cotton is next to the skin, I refused to use them for overnight. I didn't want her to have a wet bottom all night.

If you decide to try them, here's my tips:
DON'T put water in the diaper pail, even though the directions tell you too. Your diaper pail will be really heavy and it will smell. Plus, if you accidentally spill it on your way to the laundry room :sick2
Just accept that there will be stains. You can hang them outside on the line to get rid of the stains once a month or so, like I wrote above, they take almost all day to dry on the line. They take about 75-90 minutes to dry in the dryer. Throw a dry bath towel in with them to speed drying time.
To put them on, line the back up the diaper up with baby's waist. The front of the diaper will be much higher. As baby grows, it will gradually go lower.

After DD outgrew hers and I sold them, I tried Fuzzi Bunz. There's no going back for me!