PDA

View Full Version : Yipee! I'm using cd!

caringmommy
06-26-2005, 02:29 PM
So you all are old pros at this, but I've been dragging my feet. I figured if I can't even keep up on my laundry, how in the world was I going to keep up on cd. Plus the initial investment seemed to be a little overwhelming. I did it! I even had dd in cloth overnight the last two nights. It really isn't that hard! And thanks to a couple of friends ;), I've got lots to try out without the initial expense. I grabbed a disposable today and ended up having to wash her clothes, so now I'm really sold. They even work better! I just had to share how excited I am! No one in my family seems to understand - they just think I've gone a little crazy! :grin

Lantern Light Mama
06-26-2005, 02:51 PM
I loveee to CD even though my family thinks we shouldnt because sposies are easier, derrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Yup, the initial start up cost are excruciating but you can save a lot of money with creativity. Kissaluvs sells seconds on their diapers online. If you can find resales that helps too and always compare prices. Also consider used diapers. You can get them off Ebay cheap if your willing to do the Ebay thing, and so far every diaper I have ever gotten off Ebay has been sparkling clean, but I wash them in TTO just to be sure. Also it can help if you don't get stuck in one brand of diapers and try lots of kinds.

TheSweetLife
06-26-2005, 07:27 PM
Congrats : :mrgreen

bostonsmama
06-26-2005, 08:22 PM
:clap good for you! dont get discouraged!! i didnt have much support the first time i tried to cd ds, but now we've been doing really well this time! its great to feel like you actually accomplished something you didnt think you could do! great job!! :)

BeckaBlue
06-26-2005, 08:46 PM
yay!!! :tu

my sis told me "i'm so glad i never had to use cloth" i just told her "but i love it! they're so cute!"

BornFreeBaby
06-27-2005, 12:10 PM
:woohoo That's great! I know about getting backed up on laundry. I find that my laundry is still as backed up as before, but I just love to wash and hang up the cd's! Those take priority!!

What are your favorite cd's?

caringmommy
06-27-2005, 02:28 PM
I can't believe it but my favorites are the prefolds. I also love a contour and fleece cover a friend of mine made for me. I have some AIO's and fitteds from a friend that are great too. I'm still struggling with night time. I never wake up enough to change her diaper. So I need to figure that out. Any suggestions...she's a petite little girl. She's 3 months and I'm guessing around 10 - 11 lbs. The other great thing is that she finally fits into the cute 3-6 month skirts that I have for her. Her new fluffy bottom keeps the clothes on! :grin

BornFreeBaby
06-27-2005, 05:42 PM
For night time I use a hemp insert w/ a microterry MOE insert on top in my Fuzzi Bunz pockets. They have always worked amazing for me..
but then I haven't really done anything else..