PDA

View Full Version : tide and tide-free have enzymes?!?

GodChick
06-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Uhm . . . was looking at labels today, and both regular tide and tide-free have enzymes. everyone says to use tide on dipes. But I thought I was supposed to avoid enzymes?!? Confused!!!

Soliloquy
06-25-2005, 08:09 PM
that is interesting. I've read on several CD websites that Tide Free 'n Clear was one of the best "mainstream" detergents to use. Maybe it depends on the concentration of enzymes. Some eco detergents rely heavily on enzymes.

I used an enzyme spray on one of my dipes because I tried everything else to get the stink out of this one dipe. It worked like a charm. I'm so glad I finally did it. I figured that even if it ruined the dipe, it was ruined anyway. But, it's just fine. I think it depends on how often you use it.

anniegirl
06-27-2005, 11:43 AM
Wow, I didn't know that. I thought it was only Tide with Bleach alternative that had enzymes. Even the regular kind does? As long as it doesn't give your babe a rash, it's not a big deal though. I'm battling build-up at the moment so I'm only using baking soda and TTO.

GodChick
06-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I was under that impression too. But when I was in the market and reading labels, I saw that ALL the versions of Tide have enzymes, including not only Tide-with-Bleach-alternative, but also regular Tide and Tide-Free. :shrug But since just about everyone says it's good to use on diapers, I'm going ahead and using it. :neutral