PDA

View Full Version : cat attacked by dog... Happy UPDATE! :D

flowermama
06-24-2005, 11:08 AM
I've been feeling so sad over this but haven't wanted to type if out.

yesterday morning when my dh left to do an errand in the car, he saw a big dog attacking a black cat in the street in front of our house. We believe it was probably our precious outdoor kitty, Sarg. :cry

John turned the car around and drove back to try and scare the dog away, and then owner of the dog came and got his dog, and the cat walked away.

Where we live there is a leash law, and that dog should have been on a leash. Also, though we can't know for sure, John got the impression that the owner was allowing his dog to attack the cat. :mad

We haven't seen our precious Sarg since.... we didn't see him yesterday... he didn't come to eat or say hi. He always liked to play outside with the kids and just be with the kids. He would always come say hi and he had such a precious meow. :cry I am so sad that he may be dead. I feel that he probably is.

He's the kitten I rescued from under our house a year ago or so. He's had such a special place in my heart. I wanted so much to take him inside and have him be an indoor kitty, but we already have four, and cannot take any more inside.

We do have one of his siblings living inside with us... if Sarg is dead, that means that all her brothers and sisters are dead now, and she is the only living one for last summer both her other siblings died as sweet little kittens. :bheart

I think I read that outdoor cats have a life expectancy average of two years, so it's not unexpected.... but I am so very, very, very sad, and it's hard for me not to think about it. :cry

DogwoodMama
06-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Oh Jeri, I'm so sorry. :( :hug I have had a number of cats, both indoor & out... It's always so hard when you lose an outdoor kitty. I feel like in some ways their lives are "more exciting". being out & about doing what cats love to do, but it is more dangerous for them. :( I'm glad your kitty was taken care of & loved by you and your family!

That is disgusting about the dog owner allowing the attack. :banghead My stomach is turning. How horrible. :bheart :cry

ranade3
06-24-2005, 12:39 PM
:cry :hugheart

flowermama
06-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Thank you so much, you guys! :heart

I have an update now. :jump He is okay!! He came just now and he is on our porch eating food! :ptl :D of course my dd says it's a ghost. hehe.

:D

domesticzookeeper
06-24-2005, 05:19 PM
Woo-hoo!!! :dance

:ptl

ranade3
06-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Thank you for sharing that happy news! :hug It's so nice to hear about a happy ending for your sweet kitty :hearts