PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Athlete (website link inside)

ShangriLewis
06-23-2005, 05:38 PM
http://www.brendanbrazier.com/

This site looks good so far.

ArmsOfLove
06-23-2005, 05:48 PM
I've actually run into a lot of people who say they used to be vegan when they were doing some serious athletic careers--including one guy who was vegan during his rodeo years! But then they stop doing all that athletic work and go back to eating whatever :shrug

GrowingInGrace
06-23-2005, 07:24 PM
I've heard that too. I don't get it. Why? :shrug

ShangriLewis
06-24-2005, 07:31 AM
Well, I'm not too sure I'm imporessed with his site anyway..so pooo on him :P~

I had just gotten back from the gym yesterday and I was trying to find out what Vegan foods are best to eat after working out. I ended up reading my Becoming Vegan by Davis/Melina. I forgot there is a chapter for Athlete's in there. Turns out there isn't anything special to eat according to them. I need to loose some weight and I'm trying to add some muscle. But, I was just wondering if I eat protein after I workout or starches. Is one better for the muscles and weight loss. Maybe I will visit the weight forum. I don't dare ask all the boneheads at the gym. For what it's worth I ate a delicious pasta salad made with Trader Joes..whole wheat pasta, 3 bean salad and canned artichokes hearts. It was wonderful and really hit the spot. No pictures..ladies..I ate it all!

I was just all pumped up..lol.

(Remember that from SNL?)