PDA

View Full Version : What do you use for diaper rash if you CD?

Soliloquy
06-22-2005, 07:36 PM
I know you're not supposed to use any diaper creams when using Fuzzi Bunz. My DD doesn't get diaper rash very often, but suddenly one showed up tonight just as I was about to put her double-stuffed FB on for bed. *sigh* I had to put a disposable on her because I put some Burt's Bees zinc oxide cream on. I hate using a disposable, especially at bedtime when she'll be in it for 11-12 hours.

Is there a rash cream that is compatible with Fuzzi Bunz? I've heard of Bottom Butter, but does it really work?

Moon
06-22-2005, 09:11 PM
frequent baths and lotsa air time mostly. We use Burt's Bees or Hylands when needed, but Moose only has 2 FB. You could make some cheapie liners out of thin fleece from the fabric store, or even cotton to put in the FB. Or even a cloth wipe or two?

anniegirl
06-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Ack! I lost my post!

Burt's Bees is my fave for cds, I've never had a problem with it not washing out, and I use a lot of fleece. If you don't want the creme to get on your fuzzi bunz you could always buy some microfleece at Joann's and cut it up into liners. No sewing required!

Mama Calidad
06-23-2005, 02:22 PM
If you don't want the creme to get on your fuzzi bunz you could always buy some microfleece at Joann's and cut it up into liners. No sewing required!

AND when you're finished using them for liners, they dust fabulously! :tu

BornFreeBaby
06-23-2005, 02:32 PM
I was wondering the same thing, so thanks for posting this. Although I have to say that she has not had ONE diaper rash since I've switched to cd's. :tu

wuzzie
06-24-2005, 06:53 PM
We use rice paper liners when we need to use creams. Or I just use the cream and not worry about the stains. You need to use a lot of it to start having repelling issues.

Soliloquy
06-24-2005, 08:09 PM
thanks for all the tips. Her bottom was really red again this evening :( so I put the Burt's Bees zinc oxide cream on again--and used a Kushies paper liner that I remember I still had a roll of. I'm glad to read that using a cream a few times won't ruin the diaper!

We also let her run around outside for over an hour w/o a diaper on. I'm hoping that she'll be better tomorrow.

bostonsmama
06-24-2005, 08:54 PM
We use rice paper liners when we need to use creams. Or I just use the cream and not worry about the stains. You need to use a lot of it to start having repelling issues.

*exactly* what i was going to say!! well, i dont use the cream and not worry about stains, b/c we have a big fat supply of rice paper liners, but, i wouldnt sweat it too much if you did it a couple times! ds rarely has a rash, but yesterday he was a little red, i put some balmex on, and a rice paper liner, rash was gone after one change (he heals super fast always) and threw away the liner.