PDA

View Full Version : Do you *ever* eat meat?

Desert Rose
06-22-2005, 12:28 PM
I know that sounds like a dumb question. I have been a vegetarian since last October 26. I did eat fish twice while on a road trip in November, because there were no other options. Anyway, I recall a vegetarian on the old board saying that she ate turkey every Thanksgiving, but that was the only meat all year.
So do you ever eat meat? If so, can you still say you are a vegetarian? If you eat meat once a year can you say that you have been a veggie for 10 (or whatever) years? Just wondering. :shrug

GrowingInGrace
06-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Nope, never. It may be simplistic thinking, but IMO if you eat meat, you aren't vegetarian. :shrug

I don't think the label matters though, who cares what one calls onesself? I eat "vegan" except that I use honey. Does that make me not vegan because some people consider honey to disqualify? :shrug

I've never had meat in my whole life (save one bite/taste of white fish??? that I mistook as a mushroom appetizer.. and nearly puked from tasting :eek :sick couldn't spit that out fast enough!).

I'd rather eat grass than meat, frankly. :/

Tex
06-23-2005, 09:19 PM
No. Not once since I officially converted (I was a seldom eater for several years before) and nor will I ever again. At this point I am ill even thinking about it. I don't even eat fake meat stuff cause that would be gross for me as well.

IMO, if you can skip it 364 days a year, whats one more? :)

ServingGod
06-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Never. I did have a big craving last month, but I also had PMS, I didnt give in...I just ate more ice cream. The quickest way to kill a meat craving I found is to go to an Asian market and look at the meat they have lying there. :eek :sick We went to one last week...the smell made me ill and it was like the market of unclean meats...frogs, pork blood (yes...thats right...in a big pan) pig head, cow stomach, eel...etc. I have thought about eating fish on vacation....but I dont think I could.

ArmsOfLove
06-24-2005, 02:29 PM
For 3 weeks when I was pg with the twins (all I could keep down) and a time or two after they were born (someone said it had increased their milk supply and I was still pumping). I must say I've been craving it lately and I'm not sure what to do with it--I know I'm not eating enough (even though I really am trying) and I'm not sure how to improve my diet while nursing two. Of course we've been so sick the last month--my body may just be really weak right now :shrug

Desert Rose
06-25-2005, 05:34 PM
The quickest way to kill a meat craving I found is to go to an Asian market and look at the meat they have lying there. eek sick We went to one last week...the smell made me ill and it was like the market of unclean meats...frogs, pork blood (yes...thats right...in a big pan) pig head, cow stomach, eel...etc. I have thought about eating fish on vacation....but I dont think I could.

That is a good idea! :laughtears