PDA

View Full Version : Digital Scrapbooking: Free downloads?

MamaKanga
06-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Can anyone share websites where you get free digital papers, tags, and embellishments, etc? Thanks!

DogwoodMama
06-21-2005, 02:00 PM
There are *tons* of freebies at scrapbook-bytes.com... look under "downloads"... also, I've started a couple of threads about digital freebies recently you should check those. :grin

MamaKanga
06-21-2005, 03:21 PM
OK, I downloaded one, but what do I do now? :shrug

DogwoodMama
06-21-2005, 03:29 PM
you should read some tutorials... what program are you using? basically, if you look at the file it will have papers (usually 12 x 12), "elements" like ribbons, flowers, etc... you probably will begin by opening a "paper" in whatever program you are using. You then open your picture/pictures, edit them as you like, then copy and paste onto the paper... once the photos in there, you can make it bigger/smaller, put it on an angle, etc. You can then add additional papers and elements in layers just as you would in paper scrapbooking, using the capabilities of your program to cut, rotate, move etc until you get your page as you like it.

I have found some good basica tutorials at www.cottagearts.com... there are basically tutorials at all the digital scrapbook websites if you look around. But the best way to learn, IMO is just plunge in and start playing around. You can't ruin anything with digital scrapping! :)

MamaKanga
06-21-2005, 03:42 PM
Cool! Thanks for your help, I'm planning to spend some time learning tonight after DS goes to bed!

MamaKanga
06-22-2005, 06:32 AM
I posted my first 2 pages in PI, check it out! I'm excited!