PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to clean your foam stamps

Radosny Matka
06-20-2005, 10:42 AM
I just bought my 1st set of foam stamps. I read on the directions to wipe them with stamp cleaner after use. I use just water, and a little soap if needed, on my rubber stamps. Will doing this ruin the foam stamps? I really want to use them but have no stamp cleaner. :hissyfit Anyone know?????

aahree
06-20-2005, 05:30 PM
I just rinse them with water until the paint comes off. Are you using ink or paint on them? For ink, you could try using a baby wipe. I use them on my rubber and acrylic stamps all the time. :)

Radosny Matka
06-20-2005, 05:44 PM
I just rinse them with water until the paint comes off. Are you using ink or paint on them? For ink, you could try using a baby wipe. I use them on my rubber and acrylic stamps all the time. :)

Do you think cloth wipes would work? I could cut up a few just for scrapping???

aahree
06-20-2005, 11:56 PM
I think that it would depend on the cloth wipe. I don't think that flannel or velour would work well. :( But I think that those really thin baby washcloths that come 10 to a pack at Babies R Us would probably work really well. You'd still need some sort of solution on them, though, and I don't know if regular cloth diapering wipe solution would work, because of all the oil. Maybe you could try just diluting some Dr. Bronner's soap in water and using that on a thin washcloth? Otherwise, it might be cost-effective to just buy a pack of cheap disposable wipes that you only use for cleaning your stamps, at least until you can invest in some stamp cleaner. Or stick to using the foam stamps with paint! That's what I do, and it works really well, but it's a *messier* look than ink.