PDA

View Full Version : OTSBH

cheri
06-20-2005, 05:23 AM
Anyone have the over the shoulder baby holder and like it? I tried one on in a store last week and it seemed big and bulky, but comfortable. I was thinking that it might be nice for a winter baby, but I'm not sure?

Mother of Sons
06-20-2005, 05:37 AM
I had one and I didn't really like it. I always felt like I was being suffocated in it.

lenswyf
06-20-2005, 06:03 AM
If you live in a warm climate, the most common complaint is that they are really hot in the summer. I think that wherever the padding is touching you, it's a bit like wearing a bed comforter.

If you like the idea of a padded sling rather than an unpadded sling, I sell the Ellaroo Lightly Padded Slings (https://www.naturalfamilyboutique.com/shop/Products/5806.aspx?maryc) through my home business. They are, in my opinion, much more comfortable. There aren't as many color selections, but for me, that's a good thing. :D

IslandMama
06-20-2005, 09:20 PM
I have one... There's an awful lot of padding, but my hubby liked it and found it very comfortable. I'm short, and it kinda feels like I'm being sucked up into the padding! It is very hot in the summer. It depends on what you prefer. :)

bliss
06-22-2005, 04:52 PM
I liked it when Turkey was little - the padding made it seem less like he was going to fall out as I got used to the whole wearing thing! :lol But it didn't last very long for us because to me, it didn't seem to accomodate a bigger baby very well - because of the padding. I'd get one if you could find one real cheap secondhand. I prefer my Maya sling.

ebethmom
06-25-2005, 12:07 PM
I love mine! I have a Moby wrap, an unpadded cotton ring sling, and an OTSBH. I always reach for my OTSBH first. I don't get too hot in it, although dh does. He doesn't even like it in the winter. I carried dd around in it at the Zoo just the other day in 87 degree heat (although she was in the stroller a lot, too).