PDA

View Full Version : Oreck vacuums?

Blue Aurora
06-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Does anyone have or know of someone who has an Oreck vacuum cleaner? We are thinking about buying one and I was curious about other's opinions.

memory maker
06-20-2005, 05:31 AM
we have one and love it. it is very lightweight. My mom actually liked ours so much that she bought herself one

allisonintx
06-20-2005, 08:05 AM
:hiding I have two.

We went through a couple of vacuums the first five or six years we were married. One of them died the day our fourth child was born, and my mom loaned us her Orek until I was in good enough shape to go buy a new vacuum. When I left the house to go buy one, DH said to me "Don't come back without an Orek!" :giggle We love it.

They have serious suction. The service is great. The bags are a little $$ and probably for what you spend on them over time you could have a Dyson bagless, but I don't know how they hold up over years and years and years, and the Oreks last forever, especially if you have it serviced every couple of years.

Mother of Sons
06-20-2005, 08:07 AM
My grandparents and my inlaws both have orecks and love them. They've had them forever too and they still work great.

This Busy Mom
06-20-2005, 08:13 AM
I have both an Oreck and a Dyson... the Oreck sits. The Dyson is much more versatile, and I think it sucks just as well.

eoconnel
06-20-2005, 11:19 AM
I love mine!!!! My mom has one too.

Blue Aurora
06-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Well, it's decided I'm definetely going to get one! Does anyone have one of their air purifiers?