PDA

View Full Version : so disrespectful

Lois
06-18-2005, 08:46 PM
I saw a mom today when I was selling at the market who had 2 boys and one was wondering off a little from her(he was about 5 probably) and so she grabs his arm and pulls him over to her, get right up in his face and I didn't hear what she was saying but she was (well I would call is snarling) but reproaching him and his face got all dowcast...anyways, I was thinking as I watched this that I wonder if she would talk to someone, anyone else in that manner? I guess people think cause they are just your kids, and your the "boss" that you can talk to them anyway you feel like.
Well...just saddened me...gotta run...crying little baby needs to get to bed.

RosieTook
06-18-2005, 11:47 PM
It is sad. :(

It amazes me how people think that children are not worthy or respect just because they cannot "earn" it. They are human beings, and all of us deserve respect.

Joanne
06-19-2005, 04:46 AM
That is sad.

But it's also one moment in time. I decided a few years ago to not judge a mom by one observed moment. There are moments in my parenting in which I've been the mom you saw at the store. Yet, in the big picture, my parenting is excellent. Had someone observed me in the not excellent moments, I can imagine they would have posted a shocked post!

I'm hoping that mom finished her shopping, went home and cuddled with her kids. :pray

hsgbdmama
06-19-2005, 09:13 AM
I'd have to agree with Joanne here ... was it the first or the 10th time that the child wandered off during the shopping trip? Has he had a disrespectful attitude the whole time? If so, the mother had a right to correct him, although she probably could have done it in a more gentle manner. When my ds1 is not having a good "listening day," I find that if I kneel down so I am at his level and speak directly to him with a quiet and level yet firm voice (to let him know I mean business) that helps. :shrug