PDA

View Full Version : urine smell making me sick!

mamatia
06-18-2005, 08:14 PM
one more thing - i was afraid of the poopy bothering me...it doesn't bother me at all!! it is when she pees!! i smell it when she does it, i smell it when i put it away, i smell it when i take them out to wash, i can smell it WHILE THEY ARE WASHING! the tto has helped a LOT with the general smell that was on the inserts, so after they are out of the dryer, they are much better, but geez!! is it just because i'm pregnant, or do the micro-terry inserts smell more than others, or this just the way cloth is? :shrug

Moon
06-18-2005, 09:59 PM
I've never used micro-terry, but being preggie I am sooooo much more sensitive to smells right now. It was the worst in first trimester, still bad now but I've adapted to it I guess. :shrug I don't notice smells after they're washed though, well until he pees in 'em again :lol

boonpnutsmom
06-19-2005, 01:44 AM
I don't do CD, but I do use a cup of white vinegar in every wash load and it really helps take out tough stubborn smells. I have the nose of a blood hound and can smell the minutest amount of anything vaguely NASTY.

canadiyank
06-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Yeah, you might try stripping them...that is a lot of stinky you're smelling, whether or not you're pregnant. If they smell right away when they get peed in they probably need to be stripped...try 1/4 c. of Calgon water softener in the wash (no detergent) and look for bubbles...if there's bubbles, repeat until there are none...the first time I stripped mine it took 7 times! But it was worth it...didn't realize how much detergent build-up there was in them, yuk. Vinegar, like the pp said, is excellent, too, for helping with smells.

wuzzie
06-21-2005, 06:52 AM
Yup, you need to strip them. And also probably use less detergent when you wash.

ChristineG
06-21-2005, 07:06 AM
:D That's really funny because we once bought some disposable pull-ups to see if they would correct our night-wetting issue :blush (they didn't--I just had to try other cloth solutions) and I absolutely couldn't handle the smell of them when they got wet! :eek I have the same problem when babies in the church nursery pee, even if I am not changing them. It is really bad when I am first pregnant!