PDA

View Full Version : fb too hot? and wool question...

mamatia
06-18-2005, 08:06 PM
i feel like my fb are too hot for my dd! they are lined in fleece and i feel like she just must be so hot! sometimes her bum is sweating. i have 3 fitteds and a wool cover coming sometime soon to try those - i've heard they can be cooler.

i am fine to use the fb if we are inside in the air conditioner, but as soon as we go outside i feel like she has GOT to be scorching!! anyone else feel this way? you think the wool and fitteds will be cooler even those it is more bulk? will her clothes not fit her well now if i use wool/fitteds? i have some sugar peas coming (used from MDC) - i've heard these are pretty trim, but it is still too layers - should i except a lot of bulk??

Moon
06-18-2005, 10:09 PM
My girlfriend used only FB on her kiddos, winter or summer. In summer she never covered them with clothes. Worked fine for her :shrug

If I'd done that with Moose he would have rashed big time, his issue is breathability more than anything. :shrug At home he wears nothing but fitteds, so I don't worry about too much time in PUL when we're out and about. Like my gf I don't put clothing over his AIOs/pockets though, the dipe is his "shorts". Depending on my mood I'll just stick a pair of wool shorts over his fitted to go out, again the dipe/wool IS his clothing so bulk isn't really an issue. Wool is more bulky than PUL, but it's never interfered with his movement. He was quite capable of climbing up on the computer desk this afternoon wearing a sugarpeas fitted with WIO shell (minus snap-in) over top of it. :mrgreen

GodisGood
06-18-2005, 11:05 PM
It's the "humidity" affect common with fleece. However, they're (meaning the kiddo') is generally comfortable.

BornFreeBaby
06-21-2005, 07:57 PM
I have also noticed when we come back from the park, when its hot like it was today, her bum was sweatin in her FB's.
But she doesn't complain and I don't have her wear pants either if we are in the backyard.
I don't have any advice, but to maybe let her wear just the FB's w/o shorts/pants.

The other thing I wanted to mention is that dd would sweat even more in the summer time w/ the plastic-like disposables on her skin. So IMO, If she's gonna sweat anyway, I would rather have her in the FB's.

Mother of Sons
06-21-2005, 08:01 PM
I disliked FB and never tried wool for that very reason. Toooo hot. 2 layers of fleece with a trifolded diaper in between? No way is there breathability there.

BornFreeBaby
06-21-2005, 08:09 PM
I disliked FB and never tried wool for that very reason. Toooo hot. 2 layers of fleece with a trifolded diaper in between? No way is there breathability there.

What do you like to use?

bostonsmama
06-22-2005, 10:15 AM
i have found myself putting ds in just his dipe to play in if its hot out. theyre oh so cute anyways! although, he has yet to have the sweaty bum issue going on. :shrug i think kids are just different! i agree w/kindergirl about the sweating in fb rather than sposies, but again, we dont have that issue. you will probably get a little more bulk, but hopefully nothing too dramatic! ive heard good things about sugarpeas too, although i dont think i have used any.....good luck w/the fitteds! keep us posted!

BornFreeBaby
06-22-2005, 03:30 PM
I just had a thought, Tia...

Have you tried the hemp inserts? b/c dd doesn't usually sweat w/ those inserts. The microterry are pretty warm and thick, but the hemp is different fabric... or maybe it wouldn't help since the fleece is on her bum.. anyway, just a thought.