PDA

View Full Version : The kitchen

ShangriLewis
06-18-2005, 03:27 PM
So, I've been working on my cleaning skills since I got married. I just plan sucked at it and my mom taught me nothing except that if you whine someone else will clean it.

When we are done with dinner we unload the washer if it needs it and put all the storage stuff or things that go in the built-in on the counter by the fridge. Then we put all the leftovers in countainers and set those next to the fridge. Then all the dirty dishes are scraped in the compost and set on teh counter over the washer. Then the washer is filled, leftovers and built-in stuff put away. Wash any pots or large bowls by hand and dry with a towel and put away. Wipe down counter. Sweep floor with my handy dustpan thingy.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/VeggieMum/GCM/dustpan.jpg Sometimes, I even put together all the dry stuff in a covered bowl for Vegan Flaxjacks for the next morning.

I'm amazed how finally getting a smooth system down has helped so much. The kitchen is where everyone walks into our home. So, if it's not clean it is embarassing.

OnlyBelieve
06-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Wow, that is a wonderful routine you have going there. Apply that to the rest of the house and you will be set for life!!
:D

Singingmom
06-18-2005, 08:52 PM
That sounds great! :highfive

Would you be willing to post your recipe for vegan flapjacks? :grin

RealLifeMama
06-18-2005, 08:52 PM
:clap
That is a great routine!
How long does it take you after dinner?

ShangriLewis
06-18-2005, 09:01 PM
It's from Raising Vegetarian Children by Joanne Stepaniak. But, I will go post it in the cookbook and veg board.

It's a cheap recipe and we love them. They are very hearty and filling.

ShangriLewis
06-18-2005, 09:15 PM
If I have to wash pots and pans maybe 20 minutes. I really got it down. It used to be the chore I hated the most. I usually get some help from a person or two though.

And, the recipe is on the Veg board!!!

Singingmom
06-18-2005, 09:17 PM
thanks! :mrgreen

LauraK
06-21-2005, 02:33 PM
where did you get your dustpan thingy?

ShangriLewis
06-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Don't tell anyone..but I got it at Sprawlmart.