PDA

View Full Version : Why is My House Still a Mess?

OnlyBelieve
06-18-2005, 02:36 PM
My house has been a mess for almost 6 months now!!! I cannot figure out why.
Maybe I should clean for the same amount of time I stay on the internet!!
Hey...that might work for me. Clean for 5 minutes, internet for 5 minutes. Clean for an hour will buy me one hour of internet time.
I am on here forever!!
Anyway, please pray that I will be able to get my house clean this coming week.

Mothering by Heart
06-18-2005, 02:48 PM
I know how hard that can be. I have gone through stages like that, too. :hug

ShangriLewis
06-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Pick the thing that bugs you the most and tackle it. Use your children to accomplish as much as possible.

And, yes if you stay up late or get up early to play on the net then make yourself clean for 15 minutes before you get to play OR make a goal to get something organized before you play.

Example: After the kids go to bed I will tackle one chore for 30 minutes everynight.

Monday: catch up on laundry
Tuesday: Pack up all the clothes the kids can't wear
Wednesday: Clean out fridge. Throw out old food and wash it down. Make a list of stuff you need to use up before you go shopping or figure out what you need to make those things a meal with your next grocery shopping trip.
Thursday:clean bathroom squeaky clean
Friday: Put out dry stuff for pancakes in the am. Wipe down counters and mop or sweep the kitchen.

You have to break things down in bite size chunks. Then when you are done have a good cookie and play on the net.

Mamaka
06-20-2005, 09:02 AM
What Heather said is good advice :tu

:hug ITU the feeling. Will :pray

boonpnutsmom
06-20-2005, 11:53 AM
I try to do ONE room at a time, and we have an area designated as a holding cell. Nobody is supposed to touch anything in that area until it is out of there. Doesn't always work but it does help. My house is rarely not picked up. It may not be CLEAN CLEAN but it is straight.

ellies mom
06-20-2005, 02:02 PM
I really like Flylady at www.flylady.com

She has been a lifesaver over here. I'm not perfect at it, but my house is cleaner than it's ever been even though I'm slacking. One thing she suggests that is similar to your idea of 5 minutes cleaning for 5 minutes of internet time is to set a timer for 15 minutes and start cleaning a room. When the timer goes off, stop cleaning. As she says, you can do anything for 15 minutes. You will be amazed by how much you will get done in the 15 minutes. Anyhow, check out her site. It is chockful of good advice. Now, if I can get off the computer and follow it myself. ;)