PDA

View Full Version : Wiggle Worm

lovelymama
06-18-2005, 12:57 PM
My son is 1 and I never even knew about EC so we are still diapering. Lately he has started this thing where he happily holds still until I get his diaper off and then the fight to get away is on. He wiggles, fusses, squirms, kicks, flails his arms and does everything he can to get away before I get a chance to put the new diaper on.

I'm ok with letting him go without, but DH really has a problem with it. Sometimes I just let him go, but that seems like rewarding the behavior. Other times I have to pin his arms down with my feet so I can finish dressing him.

Any suggestions?

Radosny Matka
06-18-2005, 01:55 PM
:shrug It's the age. There really isn't too much you can do other than some distraction and holding the child down while you put the diaper on. Sometimes you just do what you have to do. Maybe try offering him a special toy that he only gets to hold during diaper changes.

Moon
06-18-2005, 02:36 PM
When ours are at that stage we only change 'em on the changing table, there's just nowhere for 'em to go so they don't flip around so much. If you don't have one, you could make a changing area on top of a low dresser or the clothes dryer.

Moon
06-18-2005, 02:37 PM
I should add, we do let him go nekkie at least once a day. It's good for those lil bums to get aired out occasionally :grin

lovelymama
06-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Today he was quite entertained with a water bottle. I'll have to get him a special toy. I can't even change him on the bed because of his flailing. He's come close to landing on his head a couple of times.