PDA

View Full Version : Creative Memories...reviews, please!

butterflyqueen71
06-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Just wanting to know what your experiences are with this company. I've met a lady who does crops at her home, and she's a CM consultant. It's really fun, we get to use many of the CM tools for free, fellowship, and of course, she does the spiel on how wonderful CM products are. :-) And actually, from what I've experienced thus far, they really are nice.

I was just curious as to whether or not they are really all that overall? I had bought one of those small cutters for pictures, and she had one that was MUCH nicer for only $2 more than I had paid for mine! :banghead I bought a corner rounder from her that I really like. I have a birthday coming up, and I'm making a wish list. :D

Close2MyHeart
06-16-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm a Stampin' Up girl myelf! lol! I've never been to a CM party, but have heard that only a few of their products are really worth what you pay for them. :shrug Don't know for sure tho..

cklewis
06-16-2005, 12:11 PM
My MIL does this, and I have some of their stuff as gifts from her. I'm not convinced it's any better than what I see at the regular store. :shrug

C

Mother of Sons
06-16-2005, 12:14 PM
I use creative memories products and prefer them by far. The books for sure. The paper and stickers I'll buy anywhere though. I like the corner rounder and I really like their circle and oval cutters. I've tried others from the scrapbooking store and threw them away. I also learned the hard way to only use creative memories adhesives.

cklewis
06-16-2005, 12:18 PM
I also learned the hard way to only use creative memories adhesives.

Well, that's been my exp too!! But I thought I was just klutzy.

C

Irene
06-16-2005, 03:29 PM
hmmm I didnt like the creative memories adhesives. I thought the little square stickers were way too much trouble and the glue sticks were, uh, well, too much trouble too :shrug like you have to keep it upside down and shake it and try to get the glue down I thought it was such a pitb when I can go to the store and get acid free glue stick- so much easier!!!

I think CM is expensive...

Mother of Sons
06-16-2005, 03:43 PM
I just use the CM tape runner. The squares are a pain, I agree. The other stuff I've tried never made the photos or paper stick. They always eventually fell out.

cklewis
06-16-2005, 03:57 PM
So MOS, are you saying that the tape runner from CM actually WORKS? I haven't tried that one yet. I hate all the others.

C

kris10s
06-16-2005, 04:05 PM
I love my CM tape runner!

:heart

aahree
06-17-2005, 11:48 AM
I have the personal trimmer (the small photo one with the drawer), the corner rounder and a square punch, and I like them all. I think their tools, while a tad expensive, are very high quality and worth the $$$. When I was a consultant with a different scrapbooking company, I still used my CM corner rounder all the time and referred people to CM reps to get it because I don't think there is a comparable one on the market. :) I don't own it, but I've also heard great things about the CM 12" paper trimmer.

However, I don't like their *consumables*. I think the tools are first rate, but the papers and embellishments are over priced and not very cute or creative at all. I haven't used their adhesives, so I can't speak to those.

I'd be a happy girl with a cupboard full of CM tools and paper/embellishments/stamp sets from my local scrapbooking store! :)

butterflyqueen71
06-17-2005, 04:10 PM
So what I seem to be hearing is :tu on the tools and albums, but the paper and stickers are so so. That's kind of what I figured. I'm praying for some birthday $ so I can invest in: the cutting system, the circles and ovals, a heart cutter (seems to be the most versatile to start with, since it can make butterflies and flowers, too), and one of the 12x12 albums. That's my wish list! :D

Gretchen
06-17-2005, 06:08 PM
I have the personal trimmer (the small photo one with the drawer)

Why couldn't they have named it just about anything else? :banghead :hissyfit :mrgreen Every time I hear that name I think it's a grooming product for the nether regions, LOL.

Gretchen

Irene
06-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Why couldn't they have named it just about anything else? Every time I hear that name I think it's a grooming product for the nether regions, LOL.

I know I laughed out loud when I first read that too :laughtears but I didnt want to be the one to say it :shifty :giggle

butterflyqueen71
06-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Why couldn't they have named it just about anything else? Every time I hear that name I think it's a grooming product for the nether regions, LOL.

:laughtears

Radosny Matka
06-18-2005, 02:24 PM
I love their albums and wouldn't use anything else. As for the rest of the supplies, I usually get them at the craft store.

aahree
06-19-2005, 12:08 AM
I have the personal trimmer (the small photo one with the drawer)

Why couldn't they have named it just about anything else? :banghead :hissyfit :mrgreen Every time I hear that name I think it's a grooming product for the nether regions, LOL.

Gretchen

:laughtears I know - great product, BAAAADDD name! :laughtears

2sunshines
06-23-2005, 08:44 PM
Their cutting system (where you can cut circles, ovals, etc) is the BEST!!! I have found NOTHING that even remotely compares.

I also love their tape runner.

cklewis
06-23-2005, 08:59 PM
I've got to get this tape runner. . . .

C

MomToDM
06-28-2005, 11:02 PM
As an ex-CM Consultant, I absolutely love their products. The tools and albums are the best out there. I do agree that you can get better paper and stickers and other embellishments elsewhere, but CM is coming out with better papers/stickers lately. I love their adhesives and wouldn't use anything else. If you are concerned about photo safety, CM is the way to go, they rigorously test all of their products for safety and permanence. Also the pens are great too. Most of their stuff is well worth the money, IMO.

Erica

odetta
06-30-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm a CM-aholic; actually more like a scapbooking-aholic. I haven't had a consultant for about 4 years until recently, so now I'm slowly upgrading all my equipment. The 12" paper trimmers are awesome, because they're easy to use, and small enough to pack in your rolling scrap tote for crop events. Much better than my fiskars behemoth that never cut straight anyway.

The new paper series-es (what is the plural of "series"?) are all very nice and pretty, and they certainly cover the whole rainbow of colors, but there is still so much more variety in terms of themes and prints at the local craft shop.

Mert
07-06-2005, 05:08 PM
I have to jump in with the others!! I only use CM albums, pages, page protectors and the tape runners. I also can give a :tu to the "aforementioned" and poorly named trimmer :laughtears, the corner rounder and the punches. All really great stuff!

butterflyqueen71
07-06-2005, 05:18 PM
For my birthday, I bought myself the cutting mat and blades, (I chose the circles), the 12" cutting system, and a 7x7 album. My CM lady was really nice, she gave me a 20% discount and free scissors and a free sticker pack for my b'day!

I really, really love the punches! They're SO expensive, though! My consultant has periodic crops at her house, and lets us use hers for free. She actually discouraged me from buying a punch since I could use hers free anytime I want. :tu

I am so far impressed with their cutting tools and albums, and as of right now, I'm convinced they are the only way to go! I'm working on doing a class in the fall at my church, and hopefully I can earn a free one! :)

Blue Aurora
07-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Just wanted to agree that the tools, and ablums are AWESOME :tu :tu I buy paper and stickers from anywhere but you can't beat the quality of the other CM stuff. I do use some CM stickers and paper but mostly stuff I like at the scrapbooking store. :)