PDA

View Full Version : Which one of these would you buy? Updated in OP.

Desert Rose
06-15-2005, 02:12 PM
Hello. I have been looking for a table set for ds's bday. He will be 2yo.
Here are the two I have been looking at on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4388828905

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4388567110

So which one would you buy and why?

I like the look and stability of a wooden table, but I also like the fact that you can fold and put away the other one. Also, the folding table has 4 chairs. :think What do you think?

UPDATE: I just won the auction for the first table set. I hope I like it when it gets here. I wasn't able to get to IKEA to check out what they had in store. It's about 45 mintues away or so.

Mama Calidad
06-15-2005, 02:15 PM
I'd go with the first one. I have something tucked away in my memory about children's folding chairs being recalled for safety issues. Don't remember much more than that, but for that reason I'd go with the non-folding option. :lol

RealLifeMama
06-15-2005, 02:26 PM
I would go with the first one.
Unless I had real space issues and only wanted to bring it out at certain times.
But, even then, I know that either I would never get it out, and when I did, it would still sit there for weeks, so I might as well get the one meant to sit out!

2sunshines
06-15-2005, 02:40 PM
I also prefer the first one. It looks much more sturdy.

However, if space is a premium, that would be a different story. Is this a table that you have a place to put up and leave up? Or is this a table that you are hoping to put up only when needed?

Marrae
06-15-2005, 02:43 PM
I really like the wooden table and chairs best. If you want to add some colour to them you can buy brightly coloured padded feet for them at Ikea very cheaply.
BTW if you can get to an IKEA store, I am pretty sure that these chairs and the table are cheaper than the ebay starting price.

Mamaka
06-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Wooden all the way. :) :tu

GodisGood
06-15-2005, 03:04 PM
First 1. Kids are notorious for standing on folding chairs.

Desert Rose
06-15-2005, 03:06 PM
BTW if you can get to an IKEA store, I am pretty sure that these chairs and the table are cheaper than the ebay starting price.

I might just go check that out. Both of these items have newer auctions, so I will still be able to get them tomorrow as well. :think

Also, I don't have a lot of space, but there are some places I could leave the table out.
...leaning more towards the IKEA...

BTW, there was a $180 wood set at KBToys.com on sale for $49, but once I added in shipping it was over $100...which I can't spend.

tree_hugger
06-15-2005, 03:27 PM
I agree with everyone. The wooden one looks much more sturdy. And I just think it looks nicer. :)

boonpnutsmom
06-15-2005, 03:53 PM
I love the wooden one.