PDA

View Full Version : PUL in the dryer

Moon
06-15-2005, 09:37 AM
Split off from the how do you dry thread :-)

I knew the Happy Heiny owner had made a statement about this, but it's not on her site. She does reccomend drying on hot though~ http://www.happyheinys.com/web/info/careguide.php

This thread was what I was remembering, I was trying to find the info on the first post on a dipe site but since I couldn't here's the linkie~ http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=293851

I've been throwing Moose's stuff in the dryer pretty regularly for the last 8 months, AIOs (quickdry as well as true AIOs), and pockets. I don't usually put them in for the whole dryer cycle, mostly 'cause they don't need that much. I pull the PUL out as I pull stuff out of the dryer, if I plan to put the PUL in the dryer I'll put the dipes on for less time than usual, then throw the PUL in for around 20-25 minutes with the dipes. Most of the time I hang the QD (quick dry) AIOs and pockets on a hanger in the laundry room and they're dry by the time the dipes are dry. True AIOs always go in the dryer. Mostly it depends on my mood if they'll go in the dryer or not :lol

2sunshines
06-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Interesting. You've just rocked my world... ;) I had never heard of that before...

So, next question, are all covers and aio's and pocket diapers made with PUL? Are there some that would be better to NOT put in the dryer?

Radosny Matka
06-15-2005, 11:25 AM
I have always put my PUL in the dryer and for the entire time. I personally have never had any problems. :grin

Moon
06-15-2005, 11:38 AM
So, next question, are all covers and aio's and pocket diapers made with PUL? Are there some that would be better to NOT put in the dryer?

Unless they have a fleece outer, I'd say most likely yes. Procare is used for covers, but it's more rare (it's more plasticky feeling, not laminated fabric like PUL, stinky imo). The one procare item we have (a simple cover with flames, hub is a car guy, we had to have flames :lol ), I've thrown in the dryer before too with no problems. Fleece is totally fine in the dryer too, even the treated sort.

4LovesMom
06-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Somebody please come to my rescue... what is PUL???
Seems I should know, but I don't, and haven't even figured it out from the context... am I going to feel ridiculous when you tell me? :doh

Moon
06-15-2005, 04:29 PM
It's an abbreviation for two really big words that mean "laminated fabric". :mrgreen It's used as the waterproof layer in most pockets, AIOs, and covers.

4LovesMom
06-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Phew! Good to know, thanks!