PDA

View Full Version : How do you dry?

LoveToReadMommy
06-14-2005, 07:20 PM
Do you run your drier two times, (expensive, more wear and tear) or dry on high heat once (wears out diaper faster than on medium heat), or line dry?(takes more time) If you line dry on a rac inside, does it take two days?

I'm trying to figure this thing out, appreciate advice! :)

2sunshines
06-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Absorbent inside diapers, such as my kissaluvs and my liners and my prefolds, I put through the dryer twice.

Anything with a cover, such as aio's, pocket diapers, or covers, I hang to dry. I never put a cover in the dryer. Aio's take FOREVER to dry...

kris10s
06-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Pockets and covers hang to dry, everything else in the dryer... even my AIOs rarely need more than one cycle. I can't have a clothesline where we live :rolleyes

anniegirl
06-14-2005, 09:38 PM
When I used prefolds in New Mexico I dried them on a clothesline. When we moved to WA state I had to dry them two cycles in the dryer. I hated using so much electricity.

Now I have mostly fleece pocket dipes with microfiber towels for inserts and everything dries in one cycle :tu

Moon
06-14-2005, 09:42 PM
I throw everything but the pockets and AIO shells in the dryer for a long cycle. The pockets and AIOs are hung around the laundry room. About once every week or two I put the dipes on a slightly shorter cycle then when it's done I throw the PUL stuff in with the dipes for another short round. Occasional drying is good for them :-)

LoveToReadMommy
06-15-2005, 07:24 AM
How do you guys get them to dry in one cycle? Mine are barely dry in two cycles! I have my drier set on Medium. It could go one hotter, but I heard that would wear the diapers down quickly.

2sunshines
06-15-2005, 08:13 AM
Occasional drying is good for them

referring to PUL -- covers, aio's, etc. I hadn't heard that. Is that true? I NEVER dry my covers (pocket, aio included) because I heard it breaks down the waterproofness. I hadn't heard that occasional drying is good.

???

Moon
06-15-2005, 09:10 AM
How do you guys get them to dry in one cycle? Mine are barely dry in two cycles! I have my drier set on Medium. It could go one hotter, but I heard that would wear the diapers down quickly.

My stuff is nearly all quick dry fitteds and pocket inserts. If there's prefolds or the old style fitted (internal soakers), I leave them in the dryer to run through with the next load of clothes instead of running it again just for them, those are never done in one.

Moon
06-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Occasional drying is good for them

referring to PUL -- covers, aio's, etc. I hadn't heard that. Is that true? I NEVER dry my covers (pocket, aio included) because I heard it breaks down the waterproofness. I hadn't heard that occasional drying is good.

???

Lemme see if I can dig up a link for ya..

ETA: Putting this in a new thread so I don't overhaul this one :)

Mama Calidad
06-15-2005, 09:13 AM
We line dry everything. We don't even own a dryer anymore...the sun and wind is really effecient at the job here. :laughtears

Radosny Matka
06-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Run them on high for about 90 minutes. Never had any problems. :grin

DogwoodMama
06-15-2005, 11:38 AM
1 70-minute cycle... I have a great new dryer. One will occassionally come out damp, I let it air-dru to finish. My AIOs dry quickest. :)

4LovesMom
06-15-2005, 01:10 PM
One 70-minute high heat cycle for the prefolds and AIO's. The covers I air dry in various places throughout the laundry room (wherever I can find to hang them). I dislike my AIO brand so much, I think I'm TRYING to let them wear out prematurely! We can't have an outside line due to our association, but I've thought of hanging it low on the hidden side of our yard - even bought the line - but haven't done it. It's still hard to get out to empty the trash at times, how could I get out to hang the laundry???

LoveToReadMommy
06-17-2005, 06:38 AM
thanks everyone :hug

I discovered a new setting on my dryer! It's got numbers on it, and when I set it at Regular heat for 60 minutes, they get almost dry!

Thanks everyone, advice is always appreciated! :)