PDA

View Full Version : I want a sling or carrier for the pool--any recommendations?

LauraK
06-14-2005, 01:20 PM
I have an 8 month old. A slightly tweaked back. I have a mesh water sling from wise woman slings but it is not working for me very well, it leaves red marks on my daughters legs a bit and hurts my back. I liked that style better when she weighed less, although I did take her in the shower with me this morning and it did do the job but that was only a few minutes.

Does anyone have any other recommendations. i have yet to try a pouch or tube sling. I have a moby wrap that I am getting rid of because it is too hot for me, although it was very comfortable. I do love my mai tai but am afraid for the water I will need a sling or pouch so I can get baby in and out quick, although a solar veil mai tai would be cool if I could find one. I have a 2.5 year old as well. We will mostly go to the baby pool unless dh is with us and there is a lifeguard but I want to be able to keep everyone safe and happy...or at least safe...LOL

Beyond Blessed
06-14-2005, 05:24 PM
you can purchase solarveil for $10/yd & have a mama on here make one for you :shrug http://www.solarveil.com/fabric.asp

LauraK
06-21-2005, 09:43 PM
I just ordered a solarveil mei tai! I am excited to get it.

Beyond Blessed
06-22-2005, 07:37 AM
Too cool!!!! :tu Glad you found one!

LoveToReadMommy
06-22-2005, 09:39 PM
you can check out lilbambino.com or kangarookorner.com They both have water ones. :)

ChristineG
06-25-2005, 04:50 AM
I just wanted to give you a reverse recommendation. :shifty I highly recommend NOT buying the one at www.watertot.com For something that looks so well made, incorporates lots of great ideas (like making the carrier out of wetsuit material and making the baby face out on your front), it is extremely uncomfortable, digs into my shoulders something terrible. Also, I am fairly slim, but nowhere near a stick and the carrier does not go small enough to fit my waist snugly. When I bought it last year, the manufacturer said that they had to make them to fit a huge variety of women, including newly pregnant women, and that it was tough to get a product that fit everyone reallywell. I continued to use it now and then. This year I am 6mo pregnant and I tried it a couple of days ago and it STILL doesn't fit!

I am going to make a solarveil MT as soon as I get some fabric.