PDA

View Full Version : Feeling lonely again. . . .

Chris3jam
06-13-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm just feeling so lonely and out on a limb with my parenting. :( My children will never have friends, I guess. I haven't broadcasted my differences, but people just don't seem to have a lot of time for us. :( It seems just the little bit I've said has just put up a red flag, or something. And now my kids are being unkind and fighting in the other room. . . .random acts of meanness. . . . . . :(

ArmsOfLove
06-13-2005, 06:55 PM
:hug

What's sadder than you not having anyone irl who is a likeminded support is, imo, that you'd be shunned for not agreeing with the group think at your church :cry

MarynMunchkins
06-13-2005, 06:58 PM
:hug Sure your dh isn't interested in looking for a job in Charlotte? ;)

Now I feel bad for moving...:neutral

Soliloquy
06-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry! :hug Too bad you don't live in Nashville--you and your kids could come over by us and play!

This Busy Mom
06-13-2005, 07:44 PM
Here, too. I felt the way you do for a long time before I knew what I was trying to accomplish with my parenting or that it "has a name". Punitive parents just made me feel very very sad.

The house next door to me was for sale :D but I think it's pending now.

Embracing Grace
06-13-2005, 08:25 PM
I can totally relate. :hug to you.

This Busy Mom
06-13-2005, 08:53 PM
The house next door to me was for sale grin but I think it's pending now.

BTW, I think it's for sale because the alcoholics next door didn't like me setting boundaries with them :shrug . I hope they find peace wherever they move to.

booboo
06-15-2005, 04:49 PM
I understand and can relate to your feelings. Currently, we're looking for another church. Ours wasn't exactly what we were looking for - and we had some problems with the people there. I have no friends from there that I hang out with and have tried a little..

Maybe you could look up churches in your area and their websites..summer activities, Bible studies? Just an idea.

Your children will have friends. One thing someone advised me and she felt very strongly about this: ask God what your needs are, ask what your children's needs are, then ask Him to provide. I'm not just talking food on the table, socially, spiritually, etc. This is something that has really convicted me. I've been in the habit of telling God what I need instead of asking God what would He see would work best for me and my family. hth! :hug

Grover
06-16-2005, 04:40 AM
:hug. :pray Your children are wonderful.
Want to emigrate to the UK?
On a totally different outlook[and maybe slightly flippantly ;) ]You are now in a position to be totally up front ,open about what you believe.If you have already been shunned ,there is nothing else they can do to you.
Im not walking in your shoes and Im not meaning to trivialize the pain your feeling.Just trying to see the glass as not totally empty.
:heart

Marrae
06-16-2005, 05:40 AM
:hug
My children will never have friends, I guess...................people just don't seem to have a lot of time for us.
I feel just like you most of the time. :hug

Dizzy Blond
06-16-2005, 10:22 AM
:hug Chris. I wish you were in my hometown ... I think your family would be fun to hang out with. :heart