PDA

View Full Version : Bed Time routiens

Miranda
06-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Please share your bed tiem routien and what ages it is for?

Im trying VERY hard not to just chuck mt kids in bed and say good night but more make it a speical time for them and me. A time for memories to be built.

boonpnutsmom
06-13-2005, 03:46 PM
As all of our DC co-sleep with us most of the time, this is what we do. We eat dinner very late as DH gets the kids from school at about 545pm. When we come home it is chore time as we either figure out what to make or pick up for dinner. Depending on what will be for dinner determines if bath time is before or after dinner (messy food would be after) Once all the baths are pau, then on a night after dinner, everybody crawls in bed if in our room to watch a little TV till they fall asleep. If it was a night that the older two want to sleep in their rooms, we put the TV on the worship channel so that they ahve music and light in their rooms and they go to sleep. BUT all the lights go off in the house at 8pm, whether we are going to bed or not. We have found a dark house is just quieter.

TheSweetLife
06-13-2005, 07:26 PM
We usually give dd a bath then I feed her and she goes to sleep - no reading yet but I would like to start that soon, she won't really sit for a book now, she wants to turn the pages and crinkle them and chew on the book at this point. Later on we will probably read her a story after bath, then pray, then sleep.

We don't co-sleep so dd goes to sleep a couple of hours before us.

Blue Aurora
06-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Ds gets dinner at 5pm, bath time with daddy w/ his sleep time CD on, a bottle with me in the rocking chair and then he's out in his crib usually by 6pm. Eventually we'll replace the bottle with books but I'm not sure when that will happen...

KarenBoo
06-14-2005, 03:13 PM
6:00 dinner
6:30 "sleepy Na Na" (nursing), then DH does lotion, jammies, brushing teeth, and diaper (I usually do dishes at this time.)
7:15 ish - we all climb into bed together and read and read - usually for 20-30 minutes! Then we have prayer time.
Then we all lay down together (sometimes DH goes to do dishes), while DD falls asleep. Once she's asleep, DH and I get back up and have our "down time" in front of the TV.

Funny, adorable thing: DD will lay down and she must have 4 particular books. She lays there and stacks the books one at a time onto her chest and then off again. She'll do this for about 5 minutes and then fall asleep! So cute! :hearts

Radosny Matka
06-14-2005, 07:43 PM
Nathaniel (4): bath (some nights, not always), a short cartoon while eating a snack, teeth, story, song, lights out.

Patrick (4 months): We don't have a set routine yet. Right now I just change him into jammies and nurse him to sleep when he gets tired.

blessedMom
06-14-2005, 08:40 PM
My 13yod just ignores us and goes to bed. :D She listens to a CD as she goes to sleep.

The other two (7yos, 4yod) get in pajamas, if it's not too late have Dad read them a story/chapter, brush teeth with Dad, say prayers upstairs with Dad, hugs and kisses and go to sleep. I usually lay down with my 4yod for a few minutes before she goes to sleep. Although it is just for comfort now, because she goes to sleep fine at Grandma's without anyone laying with her. :P Sometimes I join in prayers and I add my own hugs and kisses.

DogwoodMama
06-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Bath
Stories if she's not too cranky
Lay down and nurse and I sing "Twinkle Twinkle" a gazillion times
Eventually she pops off, crawls away, goes to sleep.
Nothing fancy here. :O